Velocity Reviews

-   -   Flight Simulator 2004 on x64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488009-flight-simulator-2004-on-x64.html)

=?Utf-8?B?VG9ycmV5IExhdWVy?= 06-17-2005 03:06 AM

Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

Is anyone using Flight Simulator on Windows XP x64? I installed it two days
ago, but it seems a little slugish.

I'm wondering it maybe it's a graphics driver problem. I do have the latest
NGO Nvidia drivers loaded for x64.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Torrey Lauer

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-17-2005 01:07 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

Maybe its just because Flight Simulator is not optimized to run on XP Pro
x64. Maybe there will be some possible update or a new version that will
take adavantage x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Torrey Lauer 06-17-2005 02:58 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

I thought of that too. I was just wondering if maybe anyone else has come
across it or if it's just my laptop. With so few drivers available, maybe
it's from a one of the drivers that I used for something.

I'm not a huge PC game player besides Flight Simulator 2004. So, other than
this one product, my laptop is running Win x64 just perfectly.

I just wish I had the Mobile AMD Athlon 64 processor in the laptop instead
of the desktop one. Wow, does it run HOT all the time.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-17-2005 03:17 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

I can just imagine, must be a desktop replacement, is it?

Torrey Lauer 06-17-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

No, not really. It was one of those purchases that I really didn't need,
but I WANTED it. I don't believe the Mobile AMD Athlon 64's were out yet,
at least not where I could buy them.

Keith 06-17-2005 03:48 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

I am having great results with FS2004 under x64.....I did not even have to
reinstall, I just launched out of the old x32 directory (dual booting). I
would think you would need a vid driver update perhaps....I am using an ATI
Radeon X800 XT-PE with great results in all my games.

-Keith Schaefer

Wayne Wastier 06-17-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

"Torrey Lauer" <TorreyLauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone using Flight Simulator on Windows XP x64? I installed it two
> days
> ago, but it seems a little slugish.
>
> I'm wondering it maybe it's a graphics driver problem. I do have the
> latest
> NGO Nvidia drivers loaded for x64.

Could be a driver problem. Works fine here with my ATI 9600XT. But then I
run FS2004 on MediumHigh settings and no Anti-Aliasing. :)

Wayne

Torrey Lauer 06-17-2005 05:13 PM

Re: Flight Simulator 2004 on x64

It could be the driver. I have Nvidia Go and a driver that works with it.
It's still a beta driver, I believe, so maybe it'll get better.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel