Velocity Reviews

-   -   printing the contents of a folder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487999-printing-the-contents-of-a-folder.html)

warpsix 06-16-2005 08:00 PM

printing the contents of a folder

Does anybody know how to print the contents of a folder using Windows XP
professional 64-bit edition. by the way it's a USB HP printer.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-16-2005 08:55 PM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

Check this thread for a list of options could try:
http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=494
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

=?Utf-8?B?SW50ZWxfRmFu?= 06-17-2005 02:40 AM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

Thank you Andre, that web site was the ticket. A friend of mine has been
moaning about this for years (ever since fileman disappeared). I modified the
SendTo batch file mentioned on the page to save the directory list to a temp
file then print the temp file using notepad. Here is the text.

Dir %1 > %temp%\DirList.txt
%SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe /p %temp%\dirlist.txt
cls

Using notepad, save those three lines, in a file called "Directory
Printer.bat" (name is really irrelevant but it needs the .bat extension) in
your "SendTo" folder. After that you can right click any folder in any
windows browser and the select SendTo - Directory Printer. Obviously this
saves the text in a temp file but that could come in handy too.

R. C. White 06-17-2005 04:16 AM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

Hi, Fan.

You might also find this KB article interesting:
How to add the Print Directory feature for folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

I haven't tried it in x64, but it should work. Let us know if you try it.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-17-2005 05:58 AM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

Adding it to send to is a nice touch. As for the temp file, it really
_should_ clean up after itself.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-17-2005 01:02 PM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

You are welcome :-)

=?Utf-8?B?SW50ZWxfRmFu?= 06-17-2005 01:37 PM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

Ok, same thing with an extra line to delete the temp file.

Dir %1 > %temp%\DirList.txt
%SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe /p %temp%\dirlist.txt
del %temp%\DirList.txt
cls

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-17-2005 03:34 PM

Re: printing the contents of a folder

:)

--
Charlie.