Velocity Reviews

-   -   burning on 64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487733-burning-on-64-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dG9xdWU=?= 05-31-2005 10:44 PM

burning on 64

i got x64 this weekend and my printer doesn't work, my mp3 player software
doesn't work, my camera software doesn't work. brutal...

but most importantly, neither of my dvd roms will burn a dvd or cd.

nero doesn't solve the problem...says the date in my bios is wrong...just
flushed and updated bios. problem not solved...anyone...

this is ridiculous. i try and drag and drop to a cd folder and it says that
it cannot perform the operation?

help please...i have to have a cd couriered by 4

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 05-31-2005 11:09 PM

Re: burning on 64

You definitely have some 64 bit blues, for the printer you might need to use
an alternate that is closest to the one you presently own, for example, if
its an HP 1010, you would try a 1011, HP printers all speak one version or
another of PCL (Printer Control Language), and many also support PostScript.
as well.

As for the MP3 player, manufacturers website or try windowsmarketplace.com,
you also need the specific drivers/software for the DVD Burner to become
usable on x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com] 05-31-2005 11:22 PM

Re: burning on 64

Don't plan on having that CD done by 4 with the non-informative post you
made. We have no idea what hardware you have or in what configuration
it's in. I don't know where to start...

Printer - What printer is it? Did you try using a similar model in the
Add Printer Wizard? Did you check for x64 drivers at the printer's
manufacturer support/downloads page?

MP3 player software - What software are you referring to? Check for an
updated version or workaround?

Camera/Camera software - What camera? What software?

DVD ROMs - Let me remind you DVD ROMs cannot burn. ROMs are read-only
hence the first two letters being 'R' and 'O'. I'm sure this was just a
typo on your part tho... Is the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" running?
What make/model are these burners? Right-click > Properties on one of
your burners... Do you have a recording tab?

Nero - I'm sure it's complaining about your date because of licensing
checks. Are you using a legitimate version of Nero? Is your BIOS and/or
Windows time set correctly? Correct timezone? Daylight savings? Did you
install Nero while your time was incorrect then fixed it?

We need this information before we can help.

Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-01-2005 12:40 AM

Re: burning on 64

Burning to CD on x64 -- a beta of this excellent little PowerToy is now
available:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/beta.htm

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and it hasn't crashed my
system, hung it out to lunch, caused an incompatibility, or created a disk I
couldn't read. Recommended, with the caveat that it _is_ still beta and not
fully tested. But if you find a problem, by all means let Alex know, I'm sure
he'll fix it.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-01-2005 12:44 AM

Re: burning on 64

Hasn't that Powertoy been available for long time now for 32 bit XP Charlie?

Alex Feinman [MVP] 06-01-2005 01:10 AM

Re: burning on 64

It has been, but the 32-bit version won't work on xp64 because of some
things that are happening under the hood.

--
Alex Feinman
---

Christian Hougardy 06-01-2005 04:57 AM

Re: burning on 64

Alex Feinman [MVP] <public_news@alexfeinman.com> wrote:
> It has been, but the 32-bit version won't work on xp64 because of some
> things that are happening under the hood.

Hi Alex,

I had a problem the first time I tried, but after reinstall, everything is
working really great. Thanks

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-01-2005 06:28 AM

Re: burning on 64

Yup, it's been available for 32-bit windows. But wouldn't work on 64-bit, so
Alex was kind enough to do an x64 version.

--
Charlie.

Charlie Russel - MVP 06-01-2005 06:29 AM

Re: burning on 64

Thanks again for this little gem, Alex.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] 06-01-2005 06:01 PM

Re: burning on 64

Thanks Alex for moving with the times. :-)