Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trial Expiration? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487544-trial-expiration.html)

David 05-23-2005 04:01 PM

Trial Expiration?

How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
necissary to purchase it.

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\) 05-23-2005 04:10 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

David wrote:
> How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
> necissary to purchase it.

Start to spare now ;)
I think you get 6 months from date of install...

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Rick 05-23-2005 04:17 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

David wrote:
> How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
> necissary to purchase it.

Click on <start>, select <Run>, type in "winver", then click <OK> and a
panel will open with the information you seek.

Wayne Wastier 05-23-2005 04:22 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <christian.hougardy@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:%239s2RI7XFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> David wrote:
>> How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
>> necissary to purchase it.

> Start to spare now ;)
> I think you get 6 months from date of install...
>
> Cheers

You get 120 days, which is 4 months, not 6. :)

"Thank you for your interest in evaluating Windows XP Professional x64
Edition. This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120
days."
Quoted from: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx

Wayne

Kevin Panzke 05-23-2005 04:45 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

That's not what it says on my Trial CD. On my Trial CD it says: Trial
Software, 180 Day Limit on Use

Wayne Wastier 05-23-2005 04:48 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

"Kevin Panzke" <kevin_panzke@noreply.com> wrote in message
> That's not what it says on my Trial CD. On my Trial CD it says: Trial
> Software, 180 Day Limit on Use

That is what the website said, so that is what I was going by. Right now,
the site is down.

Wayne

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?= 05-23-2005 05:28 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

yes it is a 180 day trial ;)

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\) 05-23-2005 05:34 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

Wayne Wastier wrote:
> "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <christian.hougardy@gmail.com> wrote
> in message news:%239s2RI7XFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> David wrote:
>>> How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
>>> necissary to purchase it.

>> Start to spare now ;)
>> I think you get 6 months from date of install...
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> You get 120 days, which is 4 months, not 6. :)
>
> "Thank you for your interest in evaluating Windows XP Professional x64
> Edition. This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for
> 120 days."
> Quoted from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
>
> Wayne

Gee, my fault, I think it was 180 days, as usual...

NoNoBadDog! 05-23-2005 05:59 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

I received my trial version CD in the mail last week. It is a 180 day
trial. The cover says it (in the lower right corner), and during
installation it also has a disclaimer about the version being a trial
version with a 180 day expiration.

I can post a screenshot of the packaging if required.

Bobby

"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <christian.hougardy@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:uR9Hg37XFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

Andre Da Costa 05-23-2005 06:05 PM

Re: Trial Expiration?

Depends, you have 120 to 180 day trials.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta