Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 64bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f46-windows-64bit.html)
-   -   Intel P4 506 EM64T Ready (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487488-intel-p4-506-em64t-ready.html)

Andre Da Costa 05-20-2005 04:27 PM

Intel P4 506 EM64T Ready
 
Intel Corp. on Friday disclosed plans to enable 64-bit processing capability
on a low-cost Intel Pentium 4 processor clocked at 2.66GHz. The chip is
likely to be priced well below $163 and enable very low-cost computers with
Enhanced Memory 64 Technology. The move outlines Intelís strong support for
64-bit capability in x86 desktop processors. Intel Pentium 4 processor 506
will be clocked at 2.66MHz and will include 1MB of L2 cache. The chip is
expected to replace Intel Pentium 505 processor that has the same
clock-speed and amount of cache, but does not have EM64T as well as Intel
Hyper-Threading technology. Intel did not indicate whether it plans to
enable the Hyper-Threading on the Intel Pentium 506 chip. The new product is
expected to be 533MHz processor system bus LGA775 infrastructure compatible,
but a new BIOS for a mainboard will be needed to take advantage of the
EM64T.

Intel will initiate supply of the Pentium 4 506 processor on the 27th of
May, 2005, whereas mass supplies are scheduled for the 10th of June.

Read the rest here:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...520064747.html
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm



NNBXX 05-20-2005 04:51 PM

Re: Intel P4 506 EM64T Ready
 
Thanks for sharing :)


"Andre Da Costa" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u$H$VjVXFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Intel Corp. on Friday disclosed plans to enable 64-bit processing
> capability on a low-cost Intel Pentium 4 processor clocked at 2.66GHz. The
> chip is likely to be priced well below $163 and enable very low-cost
> computers with Enhanced Memory 64 Technology. The move outlines Intel's
> strong support for 64-bit capability in x86 desktop processors. Intel
> Pentium 4 processor 506 will be clocked at 2.66MHz and will include 1MB of
> L2 cache. The chip is expected to replace Intel Pentium 505 processor that
> has the same clock-speed and amount of cache, but does not have EM64T as
> well as Intel Hyper-Threading technology. Intel did not indicate whether
> it plans to enable the Hyper-Threading on the Intel Pentium 506 chip. The
> new product is expected to be 533MHz processor system bus LGA775
> infrastructure compatible, but a new BIOS for a mainboard will be needed
> to take advantage of the EM64T.
>
> Intel will initiate supply of the Pentium 4 506 processor on the 27th of
> May, 2005, whereas mass supplies are scheduled for the 10th of June.
>
> Read the rest here:
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...520064747.html
> --
>
> Andre
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>
>




Andre Da Costa 05-20-2005 05:20 PM

Re: Intel P4 506 EM64T Ready
 
No problem, I like getting the word out. :-)
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"NNBXX" <jbfaure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:utr18wVXFHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for sharing :)
>
>
> "Andre Da Costa" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:u$H$VjVXFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Intel Corp. on Friday disclosed plans to enable 64-bit processing
>> capability on a low-cost Intel Pentium 4 processor clocked at 2.66GHz.
>> The chip is likely to be priced well below $163 and enable very low-cost
>> computers with Enhanced Memory 64 Technology. The move outlines Intel's
>> strong support for 64-bit capability in x86 desktop processors. Intel
>> Pentium 4 processor 506 will be clocked at 2.66MHz and will include 1MB
>> of L2 cache. The chip is expected to replace Intel Pentium 505 processor
>> that has the same clock-speed and amount of cache, but does not have
>> EM64T as well as Intel Hyper-Threading technology. Intel did not indicate
>> whether it plans to enable the Hyper-Threading on the Intel Pentium 506
>> chip. The new product is expected to be 533MHz processor system bus
>> LGA775 infrastructure compatible, but a new BIOS for a mainboard will be
>> needed to take advantage of the EM64T.
>>
>> Intel will initiate supply of the Pentium 4 506 processor on the 27th of
>> May, 2005, whereas mass supplies are scheduled for the 10th of June.
>>
>> Read the rest here:
>> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...520064747.html
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>
>>

>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.