Velocity Reviews

-   -   AV software recomendations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487409-av-software-recomendations.html)

Peter Lawton 05-16-2005 09:31 AM

AV software recomendations

Does anyone know of AV software that works well on W2003 x64 ?

We're currently using Symantec AV Corporate on 32bit servers, but I've had a
look at the x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it won't update it's
signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
work through our proxyservers. In any case the client looks like a 32bit
hack.

Thanks

Peter Lawton

Wayne Wastier 05-16-2005 10:32 AM

Re: AV software recomendations

Peter Lawton wrote:
> Does anyone know of AV software that works well on W2003 x64 ?
>
> We're currently using Symantec AV Corporate on 32bit servers, but
> I've had a look at the x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it
> won't update it's signatures from the parent server, it has to use
> Live Update which I won't work through our proxyservers. In any case
> the client looks like a 32bit hack.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Lawton

Avast has a network solution.

Wayne

Steve 05-16-2005 10:36 AM

Re: AV software recomendations

Avast works but i read on planetamd64 that wouldnt be doing a very good
job... meanwhile Ive read that Norton corporate will work.

cheers

Rick 05-16-2005 11:46 AM

Peter Lawton wrote:

> Does anyone know of AV software that works well on W2003 x64 ?
>
> We're currently using Symantec AV Corporate on 32bit servers, but I've had a
> look at the x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it won't update it's
> signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
> work through our proxyservers. In any case the client looks like a 32bit
> hack.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Lawton

I have been using ClamWin for about 6 months and it seems to work well.

Andre Da Costa 05-16-2005 01:55 PM

Re: AV software recomendations

The best situation here is to contact Symantec Support since you have
invested in their product already. I am sure paid support already comes with
AV Corp 10.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

Wayne Wastier 05-16-2005 06:28 PM

Steve wrote:
> Avast works but i read on planetamd64 that wouldnt be doing a very
> good job... -snip-

Works great here. PlanetAMD64.com is great place to download things, but
other than that, I avoid it.

Wayne

Bigbruva 05-16-2005 08:10 PM

Re: AV software recomendations

Try this page for a list of AV software that works on 64bit Windows:

http://wiki.planetamd64.com/index.ph...virus_software

Just note that they do not differentiate between WinXP and WinServer 2003 it
is just 64 bit compatibility they are listing

HTH

BB

Tosis 07-14-2005 08:30 AM

Re: AV software recomendations

Anyone have experience with the beta NOD32 64bit software?

John Barnes 07-14-2005 11:31 AM

Re: AV software recomendations

Quite a few and they seem happy with it. Do a search.

NNBXX 07-14-2005 11:46 AM

Re: AV software recomendations

Yes, I do. NOD32-x64 works flawlessly *without* MUI (I'm French), but badly
*with* MUI. So, if you don't need any MUI, you can go with it. Very good AV,
the best of all I think.