Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Modem Driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487325-re-modem-driver.html)

Thomas Steffen 05-08-2005 04:33 PM

Re: Modem Driver

t wrote:
> Looking fora driver for a conexant soft56 modem that came in my emachine.
> any help

I can only recommend to get a used modem with a *serial* port. Since the
port and the commands are standardised, you can run a serial modem with
the generic driver.

The same should be true for real USB modems (modem class), which
basically implement the same protocol over a USB byte stream. However,
all USB modem I have found are only dump ADC/DACs, with the actual modem
being implemented as software in the driver.

So maybe someone can recommend a real USB modem?

Thomas