Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Feedback (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487323-re-feedback.html)

Charlie Russel - MVP 05-08-2005 03:31 PM

Re: Feedback

that board doesn't use the NForce4 chip set. It's a VIA chipset, with Promise
and VIA raid controllers.

--
Charlie.

Charlie Russel - MVP 05-08-2005 04:05 PM

Re: Feedback

Christian -- I only have a single SATA on that Mobo, I admit, but it sees it
just fine. But ONLY on the VIA RAID plugs, NOT on the Promise ones. And only
using the F6 drivers. And I'm pretty sure that the disabling of the Promise
controller in BIOS was required, though that may just have been to speed up
the process. But definitely it's working here.

--
Charlie.

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\) 05-08-2005 04:16 PM

Re: Feedback

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> Christian -- I only have a single SATA on that Mobo, I admit, but it
> sees it just fine. But ONLY on the VIA RAID plugs, NOT on the Promise
> ones. And only using the F6 drivers. And I'm pretty sure that the
> disabling of the Promise controller in BIOS was required, though that
> may just have been to speed up the process. But definitely it's
> working here.

Hi Charlie,

Maybe the Promise controller.... I'll check right now and see what's going
on without it.

Hi John,

Yes, I can see both the sata HD's in the boot menu. I don't have any problem
with XP32bit anyway.
So, I'm trying now to disable the Promise controller, and, as Charlie said,
the drivers provided with the mobo doesn't work...

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it