Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Is spell checking ever going to be fixed for 64 bit OE? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487285-re-is-spell-checking-ever-going-to-be-fixed-for-64-bit-oe.html)

Antoine Leca 05-10-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Is spell checking ever going to be fixed for 64 bit OE?

En <news:Xns964B8FCBCE285drnortonyahoocom@207.46.248. 16>,
David R. Norton MVP va escriure:
> only the 32 bit version of OE will spell check

Yes.

> and then ONLY if MS Office 32 bit is installed.

Huh?
The specifications for the speller interfaces appear pretty easy to
understand (if not fully documented), so I do not see why you cannot publish
another spell checker DLL that extend/replace MS one.
Also, since AFAIR MS co-licensed this technology, I believe I saw
independent offers from the original author, in particular for "unusual"
languages.

At least I am sure this existed for the 16-bit spell checker (I know, I am a
nostalgic).

Antoine