Velocity Reviews

-   -   x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t487264-x64-upgrade-dell-customers.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?= 05-10-2005 02:19 AM

x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers)

If you have a Dell Precision 470, 670, 380 or a select 370 workstation with a
factory installed 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional, you
should be utilizing Dell's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you have
already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I recommend
you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this may
just create additional and unnecessary workload.

The Dell Technology Advancement Program can be found at
https://64bitupgrade.productorder.co...p/default.aspx

--
Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

James Park 05-10-2005 02:25 AM

Re: x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers)

Shipping and handling is $40!? That seems rather expensive.

"Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]"
<RafaelRiveraExtended64com@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
> If you have a Dell Precision 470, 670, 380 or a select 370 workstation
> with a
> factory installed 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional, you
> should be utilizing Dell's upgrade form rather than Microsoft's. If you
> have
> already mistakenly applied for an upgrade using Microsoft's form, I
> recommend
> you do not submit another upgrade request unless told otherwise, as this
> may
> just create additional and unnecessary workload.
>
> The Dell Technology Advancement Program can be found at
> https://64bitupgrade.productorder.co...p/default.aspx
>
> --
> Rafael Rivera
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

=?Utf-8?B?UmFmYWVsIFJpdmVyYSBbRXh0ZW5kZWQ2NC5jb21d?= 05-10-2005 02:34 AM

Re: x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers)

Hi James,

I agree, this is a somewhat high number especially for us used to FedEx but
I believe if you look at the whole picture, you just bought a copy of Windows
XP x64 for $40 - Good deal, in my opinion.

M. Murcek 05-10-2005 02:40 AM

Re: x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers)

Now, if they would own up to the needs of their Athlon64 laptop owners (and
Compaq also) they'd be on to something...

Kevin Panzke 05-10-2005 03:49 AM

Re: x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers)

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with a Retail Upgrade Copy of 32 Bit Windows Xp
Professional Edition (the computer originally came with Windows Xp Home
Edition). Since I have a Retail Copy of Professional Edition and since Dell
does not cover my 8400 under their program, I assume that the Microsoft
Website was the correct place to order my Upgrade from, correct?

Randy 05-10-2005 04:25 AM

Re: x64 Upgrade (Dell Customers)

If Dell makes either Athlon or Compaq systems, I'm not aware of it...