Velocity Reviews

-   -   Asus A7V880 motherboard and SATA (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t486589-asus-a7v880-motherboard-and-sata.html)

Zib 03-23-2007 02:28 PM

Asus A7V880 motherboard and SATA

I have one of these and it is supposedly SATA compatable with 2 on-board
connectors. I have downloaded all the latest drivers from both Asus and Via
but the board will not recognise a SATA drive.
I've tried 2 different drives and 2 different SATA cables but the drive
doesn't show anywhere, not in the bios or XP.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

old man 03-23-2007 05:54 PM

Re: Asus A7V880 motherboard and SATA

Read the mobo manual on the requirements to use a sata drive.
These may include;
Altering bios setting
Mobo Jumpers
Repair install of win using F6 option to install sata/raid drivers from
floppy