Velocity Reviews

-   -   One way networking... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t486489-one-way-networking.html)

=?Utf-8?B?MDJ6MjQ=?= 03-23-2007 05:39 AM

One way networking...

I've got 3 computers at home, 2 laptops and a desktop. I've got a compaq and
a desktop downstairs and an Acer upstairs. All connected perfectly fine to
my wireless router, obviously, wirelessly, to the internet. My compaq and
desktop can see my Acer and each other but my Acer can only see itself. I've
got the right workgroup name, i've ran the network wizard, i've checked the
connection and the numbers and ip's as well as the router permissions to the
network....nothing....my acer cannot see any other computer but itself but my
other 2 can see each other and the acer. What should i do?

Dave 03-23-2007 11:21 AM

Re: One way networking...

"02z24" <02z24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got 3 computers at home, 2 laptops and a desktop. I've got a compaq
> and
> a desktop downstairs and an Acer upstairs. All connected perfectly fine
> my wireless router, obviously, wirelessly, to the internet. My compaq and
> desktop can see my Acer and each other but my Acer can only see itself.
> I've
> got the right workgroup name, i've ran the network wizard, i've checked
> the
> connection and the numbers and ip's as well as the router permissions to
> the
> network....nothing....my acer cannot see any other computer but itself but
> my
> other 2 can see each other and the acer. What should i do?

send the acer to therapy to see if a good counselor can bring it out of it's
shell.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 03-23-2007 03:37 PM

Re: One way networking...

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.