Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mack international warranty in the UK (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t486135-mack-international-warranty-in-the-uk.html)

Fuji Owner 03-21-2007 10:39 PM

Mack international warranty in the UK

I've just bought a Fuji S5 from Calumet UK. The package includes a free
extended warranty for the camera, provided by Mack.

I'm a bit concerned that a future claim under this warranty might not be as
straightforward as one with a UK based warranty provider.

Fuji UK (who don't offer an extended warranty for their DSLR's) tell me that
if a repair was required after the expiration of the manufacturers 12 month
warranty I would have to pay the cost myself - and, hopefully, get
reimbursed by Mack.

Obviously, this could take some time - and, even if Mack paid me for the
repair, how would they send me the money?

If by cheque or money order this would incur quite substantial fees due to
presenting my bank with a non-UK cheque - and that's without worrying about
exchange rates, etc.

Calumet UK were (apparently) under the impression that Mack settled directly
with the repairer - but, at least in Fuji UK's case, this is not so.

Has anyone from the UK ever had to claim on a Mack international warranty -
and, if so, how did it work out?

Finally, I'm having difficulty finding anyone on the net with a good word to
say about Mack in the USA ;), surely they must have some happy customers?

Thanks for your help