Velocity Reviews

-   -   question..? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t484929-question.html)

cookemx 03-17-2007 02:20 AM

question..?

i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

Jonathan N. Little 03-17-2007 03:13 AM

Re: question..?

cookemx wrote:
> i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
> open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
> etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
> files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

Now think about it, where would *their* 'My Documents' be located if
they were *not* running Windows?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Bernhard Sturm 03-17-2007 09:10 AM

Re: question..?

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> cookemx wrote:
>> My documents, My pictures,
>> etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
>> files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

> Now think about it, where would *their* 'My Documents' be located if
> they were *not* running Windows?

or if they are not English-speaking. On my computer it's called 'Meine
Dokumente'.
Just don't spend too much time thinking in such directions: "My
Documents" are what it says: my documents and not yours.

cheers
bernhard

--
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply

Ed Mullen 03-17-2007 04:30 PM

Re: question..?

cookemx wrote:
> i was wondering if is any html tag, that let people click on it and
> open the files in there computer like My documents, My pictures,
> etc .. is any way to do that ! like link to there computer
> files ... is any way to do that !!!!!

1. Put [file:///C:/] into the address bar

2. Use File - Open and browse to a local file

3. Create a local HTML doc and use a standard href link to the desired
local resource, either a folder or a file

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net