Velocity Reviews

-   -   Broadcom's 802.11g Wireless Adapter & Acer Travelmate Notebook Com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t484893-broadcoms-802-11g-wireless-adapter-and-acer-travelmate-notebook-com.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keUc=?= 03-16-2007 10:00 PM

Broadcom's 802.11g Wireless Adapter & Acer Travelmate Notebook Com

I recently purchased an Acer Travelmate 2480 notebook computer which came
with a Broadcom 802.11g wireless card built in.

I am running a wireless home network using a D-link DI-524 router. I have
two desktop pc's, with wireless connectivity, achieving download speeds near
the 3Mb advertised rate of my isp ( Verizon DSL). One has D-Link adapter
card and the other Linksys card. When I test the download speed on my Acer
notebook via the Broadcom card I'm only getting in the neighborhood of
400-600kbs. Believe it or not, my upload speed is actually higher, closer to
700kbs. I achieve the correct speeds when I hard-wire the unit directly to my
router.

I contacted support for Acer and they had no clue and suggested I post such
this on a forum for outside assistance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AndyG