Velocity Reviews

-   -   Curious Kink (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t484877-curious-kink.html)

patrick j 03-16-2007 08:42 PM

Curious Kink

Hello

I've created this web-site:

<http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk>

However in IE6 there is a lack of alignment (or if you like, a kink) on the
left side of the text just below the image of the clipboard. If you don't
see it at first resizing the browser window of IE6 might well make it more
obvious.

This is unique to IE6 it seems, I can't see it in any other browser I've
tried. The kink suggest that perhaps the div used for the navigation is
wider than the margin of the div used for the text. The div for the
navigation menu sits in the margin of that for the text, but it just isn't
too wide as far as I can see.

Here is the CSS:

<http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk/iwstyles.css>

I have checked the elements within the navigation div and none of them
appears to be too wide. So for me it is a mystery.

I'd be grateful if someone would be able to point out where this kink is
coming from.

Thank you :)

Patrick

--
Patrick - Brighton, UK
If you wish email me from my web-site: <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>

Els 03-16-2007 08:45 PM

Re: Curious Kink

patrick j wrote:

> <http://www.inventoryworks.co.uk>

[snip]

> I'd be grateful if someone would be able to point out where this kink is
> coming from.

It's the infamous 3px jog bug:
http://www.positioniseverything.net/...reepxtest.html

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Now playing: Hot Chocolate - It Started With A Kiss

patrick j 03-17-2007 11:44 AM

Re: Curious Kink

On Mar 16, 2007 Els wrote:

> It's the infamous 3px jog bug

Thank you :)

I'm reading about this bug now and I'll fix it.