Velocity Reviews

-   -   idref, key and xmllint (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t484300-idref-key-and-xmllint.html)

maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu 03-14-2007 06:26 PM

idref, key and xmllint

I'm trying to write a schema, and test it by running an xml file of
test data based on that schema through xmllint. I'm having a problem,
because xmllint ( --version reports "using libxml version 20616")
doesn't seem to know anything about idref, key or keyref.

Specifically, the use of 'xsd:key' and 'xsd:keyref' in the schema
causes xmllint to output
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5588
and the use of 'idref' (but not of 'id') makes xmllint say
Unimplemented block at xmlschemastypes.c:2164

As I am very much a beginner at these things, I have no confidence
that I've used these constructs correctly.

Is there a newer version of xmllint/ libxml that handles idref, key
and keyref?

Is there another program that would be better at checking these sorts
of things than xmllint? For example, could I load this into an XML
editor and have it validate things (and particularly that I have the
xpaths in the key and keyref right)?

Mike Maxwell
CASL/ U MD

Boris Kolpackov 03-14-2007 06:52 PM

Re: idref, key and xmllint

Hi,

"maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu" <maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu> writes:

> I'm having a problem, because xmllint ( --version reports "using
> libxml version 20616") doesn't seem to know anything about idref,
> key or keyref.

XML Schema support in libxml2 is quite incomplete.

> Is there a newer version of xmllint/ libxml that handles idref, key
> and keyref?

Yes, there is. Check http://www.xmlsoft.org.

hth,
-boris

--
Boris Kolpackov
Code Synthesis Tools CC

maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu 03-15-2007 01:59 PM

Re: idref, key and xmllint

On Mar 14, 2:52 pm, Boris Kolpackov <b...@codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> > Is there a newer version of xmllint/ libxml that handles idref, key
> > and keyref?

> Yes, there is. Checkhttp://www.xmlsoft.org.

Thanks for the pointer--we'll be installing that!

Mike Maxwell
CASL/ U MD