Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help - In Calling Matlab from java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t484292-help-in-calling-matlab-from-java.html)

diya.246@gmail.com 03-14-2007 06:14 PM

Help - In Calling Matlab from java

Hi folks..

Actually im writing my java programs output in a file .. and that
file will the input for matlab. If that is the case, can i call all
matlab commands in my java program itself???

If so, please do tell me the appropriate class in java that supports
this facility..

Regards,
Divya

Joshua Cranmer 03-15-2007 12:09 AM

Re: Help - In Calling Matlab from java

diya.246@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi folks..
>
> Actually im writing my java programs output in a file .. and that
> file will the input for matlab. If that is the case, can i call all
> matlab commands in my java program itself???
>
> If so, please do tell me the appropriate class in java that supports
> this facility..
>
> Regards,
> Divya

Poke around with java.lang.Process and java.lang.ProcessBuilder.

Gordon Beaton 03-15-2007 06:58 AM

On 14 Mar 2007 11:14:47 -0700, diya.246@gmail.com wrote:
> Actually im writing my java programs output in a file .. and that
> file will the input for matlab. If that is the case, can i call all
> matlab commands in my java program itself???
>
> If so, please do tell me the appropriate class in java that supports
> this facility..

GIYF:
http://matlabdb.mathematik.uni-stutt...ID=9&MP_ID=163
http://www.held-mueller.de/JMatLink/
http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~bowen/code/code.html#matjav
http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/suppo...les/Matlab.htm

....etc

/gordon

nonother 07-09-2011 12:27 AM

matlabcontrol is a Java API that will allow for you to easily interact with MATLAB. It allows for easily invoking eval and feval as well as getting and setting variables. It's just as if you were interacting with MATLAB's Command Window. To get started, take a look at the walkthrough.