Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sunbelt Counterspy problematic - alternative? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t484038-sunbelt-counterspy-problematic-alternative.html)

Tx2 03-13-2007 10:21 PM

Sunbelt Counterspy problematic - alternative?

Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
for a replacement.

Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.

I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
in-one' package.

--
My reply address is invalid.
Please post replies to the group.

Gary 03-14-2007 10:07 AM

Re: Sunbelt Counterspy problematic - alternative?

On 13-Mar-2007, Tx2 <this.is.an.inv@lid.address.u.know.com> wrote:

> Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
> erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
> for a replacement.
>
> Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
>
> I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
> in-one' package.
>

> --
> My reply address is invalid.
> Please post replies to the group.
> Messages sent via Google Groups are 'auto-ignored'
> XPS M1710 / 2.16 GHz dual core / 2Gb DDR2 / nVidia GeForce 7950GTX

Superantispyware

Seniors Guide to Computers 03-14-2007 12:05 PM

"Tx2" <this.is.an.inv@lid.address.u.know.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.20613431504d2a38989771@News.Individual.NE T...

> Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
> erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
> for a replacement.
>
> Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
>
> I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
> in-one' package.
>

> --
> My reply address is invalid.
> Please post replies to the group.
> Messages sent via Google Groups are 'auto-ignored'
> XPS M1710 / 2.16 GHz dual core / 2Gb DDR2 / nVidia GeForce 7950GTX

The two best anti-spyware programs are SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor.

Senior's Guide to Computers
http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

Ron Lopshire 03-14-2007 02:05 PM

Seniors Guide to Computers wrote:

> "Tx2" <this.is.an.inv@lid.address.u.know.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.20613431504d2a38989771@News.Individual.NE T...
>
>>Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
>>erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
>>for a replacement.
>>
>>Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
>>
>>I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
>>in-one' package.

> The two best anti-spyware programs are SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor.
>
> Senior's Guide to Computers
> http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

To Senior's Guide,

1) I am beginning to see where you are coming from. How much do you get
paid shilling for various vendors?

2) You Quotefix is borked. Please fix it, or strip sigs manually. Thank
you for your consideration.

To Tx2,

1) Check this out.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...tm#trustworthy

2) Stay away from these creeps.

Ron :)

Seniors Guide to Computers 03-14-2007 02:18 PM

"Ron Lopshire" <notron@ovbl.org> wrote in message
news:jiTJh.127293$_73.59313@newsread2.news.pas.ear thlink.net...
> Seniors Guide to Computers wrote:
>
>> "Tx2" <this.is.an.inv@lid.address.u.know.com> wrote in message
>> news:MPG.20613431504d2a38989771@News.Individual.NE T...
>>
>>>Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
>>>erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
>>>for a replacement.
>>>
>>>Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
>>>
>>>I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
>>>in-one' package.

>> The two best anti-spyware programs are SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor.
>>
>> Senior's Guide to Computers
>> http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

> To Senior's Guide,
>
> 1) I am beginning to see where you are coming from. How much do you get
> paid shilling for various vendors?
>
> 2) You Quotefix is borked. Please fix it, or strip sigs manually. Thank
> you for your consideration.
>
> To Tx2,
>
> 1) Check this out.
>
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...tm#trustworthy
>
> 2) Stay away from these creeps.
>
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
>
> Ron :)

Please keep your outrageous lies to your self. Just look these programs up
in PC Magazine or CNet.

How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?

Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
"false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting; inadequate
info about company & app"

Vanguard 03-15-2007 01:05 AM

Senior Ravaged by Senility wrote in message
news:yaGdndXKg4ywmWXYnZ2dnUVZ_qWvnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> Ron wrote ...
>
>> 1) Check this out.
>>
>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...tm#trustworthy
>>
>> 2) Stay away from these creeps.
>>
>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

> How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
>
> Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
> "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;
> inadequate info about company & app"

You're too ****ing lazy to even bother visiting the site mentioned to
know what the hell you're talking about. The site that Ron mentioned
has nothing to do with the product you mentioned. spywarewarrior.com
doesn't sell anything!

Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. In fact,
spwarewarrior.com lists Spyware Warrior as more crapware trying to
garner sales by hijacking a known name, like the various shitware that
used to have Spybot in its name to confuse boobs that have heard of
Spybot S&D.

I bet you think Outlook Express is a lite version of Outlook just
because Outlook is used in both product names, or Word and WordPerfect
are sister programs, too.

Gary 03-15-2007 02:53 AM

Re: Sunbelt Counterspy problematic - alternative?

> Please keep your outrageous lies to your self. Just look these

programs up
> in PC Magazine or CNet.
>
> How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
>
> Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
> "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;

inadequate
> info about company & app"
>
> Senior's Guide to Computers
> http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

Holy jumping catfish! I have refrained from saying anything so far, but
this statement of yours really breaks the bees balls. You really need to
think twice before offering this kind of "help" to some poor 90 year
old cat staggering down the street. The weight of his laptop is a
sufficient burden. Poor stinking devil.

Gareth

Seniors Guide to Computers 03-15-2007 03:32 AM

"Vanguard" <no@mail.invalid> wrote in message
news:Sb6dnZszQJo3BmXYnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Senior Ravaged by Senility wrote in message
> news:yaGdndXKg4ywmWXYnZ2dnUVZ_qWvnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>
>> Ron wrote ...
>>
>>> 1) Check this out.
>>>
>>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...tm#trustworthy
>>>
>>> 2) Stay away from these creeps.
>>>
>>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

>> How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
>>
>> Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
>> "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;
>> inadequate info about company & app"

> You're too ****ing lazy to even bother visiting the site mentioned to know
> what the hell you're talking about. The site that Ron mentioned has
> nothing to do with the product you mentioned. spywarewarrior.com doesn't
> sell anything!
>
> Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
> Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. In fact,
> spwarewarrior.com lists Spyware Warrior as more crapware trying to garner
> sales by hijacking a known name, like the various shitware that used to
> have Spybot in its name to confuse boobs that have heard of Spybot S&D.
>
> I bet you think Outlook Express is a lite version of Outlook just because
> Outlook is used in both product names, or Word and WordPerfect are sister
> programs, too.

"Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. "

Come back when you learn how to spell.

Someone else 03-15-2007 03:56 AM

Re: Sunbelt Counterspy problematic - alternative?

>Come back when you learn how to spell.

Plonk.

Tx2 03-15-2007 08:58 PM

Re: Sunbelt Counterspy problematic - alternative?

In article <MPG.20613431504d2a38989771@News.Individual.NET> , Tx2
of this.is.an.inv@lid.address.u.know.com, felt we'd be interested in the
following...

> Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
> erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
> for a replacement.
>
> Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
>
> I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
> in-one' package.

Thanks guys.

But one query - shouldn't that read "senile guide to computers"?

:-)