Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with a Testbench and Modelsim (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t483619-problem-with-a-testbench-and-modelsim.html)

Nemesis 03-12-2007 03:11 PM

Problem with a Testbench and Modelsim

Hi all,
I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
on a net.
With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
std.texio.all. I used the same approach
with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
case I get the error:

No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.

Where Am I wrong?

Any hints?

Ralf Hildebrandt 03-12-2007 03:14 PM

Re: Problem with a Testbench and Modelsim

Nemesis schrieb:

> I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
> I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
> on a net.
> With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
> std.texio.all. I used the same approach
> with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
> case I get the error:

Did you include the library in both projects?

Ralf

Nemesis 03-12-2007 04:01 PM

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> > I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
> > I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
> > on a net.
> > With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
> > std.texio.all. I used the same approach
> > with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
> > case I get the error:

> Did you include the library in both projects?

Yes I did. I used the same import.

Mike Treseler 03-12-2007 04:47 PM

Nemesis wrote:

> With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
> std.texio.all. I used the same approach
> with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
> case I get the error:
>
> No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
> No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.
>
> Where Am I wrong?

The error message indicates that some
calls to readline and read procedures are getting
the wrong number, order or type of actual parameters.
Either the testbenches or the data files
are different in some way. Inspect the code
difference and play with the parameters until you
find the error.

Next time consider using an array of vhdl
constants for sim data instead of parsing raw text.

-- Mike Treseler

Ajeetha (www.noveldv.com) 03-12-2007 04:57 PM

On Mar 12, 8:11 pm, "Nemesis" <gnemesis2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
> I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
> on a net.
> With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
> std.texio.all. I used the same approach
> with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
> case I get the error:
>
> No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
> No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.
>
> Where Am I wrong?
>
> Any hints?

Maybe you used std_logic data types in this new project? If so try
with:

use ieee.std_logic_textio.all;

If you still face issues, show us your exact code containing

readline
read

calls

Good Luck
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Nemesis 03-13-2007 03:55 PM

On Mar 12, 5:47 pm, Mike Treseler <mike_trese...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
> > No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.

> > Where Am I wrong?

> The error message indicates that some
> calls to readline and read procedures are getting
> the wrong number, order or type of actual parameters.

You are damn right. I declared in the wrong way one of the parameters.
Thanks very much.