Velocity Reviews

-   -   I'm concerned: What's this? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t483462-im-concerned-whats-this.html)

rfdjr1@optonline.net 03-12-2007 01:26 AM

I'm concerned: What's this?

I just ran SpyBot and the only thing it came up with was this:

--- Search result list ---
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry change,
nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0

I don't like the name virus override. It doesn't sound good. Since SpuBot found
it as a problem, I deleted it. Any idea what it could be or mean? Thanks.

WhzzKdd 03-12-2007 02:36 AM

Re: I'm concerned: What's this?

<rfdjr1@optonline.net> wrote in message

> I just ran SpyBot and the only thing it came up with was this:
>
> --- Search result list ---
> Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry
> change,
> nothing done)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
> Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
>
> I don't like the name virus override. It doesn't sound good. Since SpuBot
> found
> it as a problem, I deleted it. Any idea what it could be or mean? Thanks.

It means you need to read the instructions.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/46.html

Geoff Fitton 03-12-2007 09:58 PM

Re: I'm concerned: What's this?

Marinus Pielrukker wrote:

>>> I don't like the name virus override. It doesn't sound good. Since
>>> SpuBot found it as a problem, I deleted it. Any idea what it could
>>> be or mean? Thanks.

Control panel>Security centre>Change the way security centre alerts me.

You've unchecked the virus protection box.