Velocity Reviews

-   -   Preload images returned by an HttpHandler (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t482980-preload-images-returned-by-an-httphandler.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FzcGE=?= 03-09-2007 07:31 PM

Preload images returned by an HttpHandler

Is there any way to preload an image returned by an HTTP Handler?
My image HTTP handler is generating some thumbnails that I want to preload.

thanks

Caspa

Joerg Jooss 03-10-2007 10:21 AM

Re: Preload images returned by an HttpHandler

Thus wrote Caspa,

> Is there any way to preload an image returned by an HTTP Handler? My
> image HTTP handler is generating some thumbnails that I want to
> preload.

You can preload your images in the Application_Start handler in Global.asax,
and put them in the ASP.NET Cache.

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss
news-reply@joergjooss.de

Chilumba Mubashi [MSFT] 03-28-2007 12:36 AM

Re: Preload images returned by an HttpHandler

One way would be to preload them in the Application_Start handler (in
Global.asax) and then putting them in the ASP.NET cache.

thanks

--
Chilumba Mubashi