Velocity Reviews

-   -   Recommended Study Guides for actually learning meaterial and taking the exames (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t48123-recommended-study-guides-for-actually-learning-meaterial-and-taking-the-exames.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YW1iaWd1b3VzZnJvZw==?= 01-06-2004 07:46 PM

Recommended Study Guides for actually learning meaterial and taking the exames

I'm trying to spend my money wisely and get a consenses on the most helpful study guides out there. Neither do I want to be the "paper mcse" but learn and keep what I learn. Does anyone prefer one set of kits to another? Microsoft, exam cram, etc...? I have 7 years in a client/server support environment and looking to strengthen my skills obtained from experience. I would like to pursue the Windows 2003 Server Security + route.

Thanks.

Politician Spock 01-06-2004 08:43 PM

Re: Recommended Study Guides for actually learning meaterial and taking the exames

"ambiguousfrog" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to spend my money wisely and get a consenses on the most

helpful study guides out there. Neither do I want to be the "paper mcse"
but learn and keep what I learn. Does anyone prefer one set of kits to
another? Microsoft, exam cram, etc...? I have 7 years in a client/server
support environment and looking to strengthen my skills obtained from
experience. I would like to pursue the Windows 2003 Server Security +
route.

> Thanks.

Avoid MS published books (they intentionally don't cover stuff and expect
you to know it, which is a good ideology but I think it just stinks of
underhandedness on Microsoft's part when you have to pay again to retake an
exam).

Avoid books like examcram that just fill your head with stuff specific to
the exam and have no real world applicability.

From there, read a few pages from ones you haven't eliminated. Finding an
author that you read well is important.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.