Velocity Reviews

-   -   A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t480324-a-system-tray-issue-for-some-reason-nothing-but-the-date-shows-up-in-my-system-tray.html)

Jer 01-27-2007 08:18 PM

A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray)

For some reason about 3 or 4 weeks ago everything but the date stop showing
in the system tray. For some programs that start using the system tray is
the only way to shut them down. I have not been able to find a fix. Even the
normal indicator to expand the system tray has disappeared.

Can someone provide a workable solution?

Jer

Bert Hyman 01-27-2007 08:25 PM

Re: A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray)

In news:4OidnYdzmcDlLibYnZ2dnUVZ_sapnZ2d@comcast.com "Jer"
<Jerstraw@comcast.net> wrote:

> For some reason about 3 or 4 weeks ago everything but the date stop
> showing in the system tray. For some programs that start using the
> system tray is the only way to shut them down. I have not been able to
> find a fix. Even the normal indicator to expand the system tray has
> disappeared.
>
> Can someone provide a workable solution?

If you look at the toolbar properties, have you accidentally set "Hide
inactive icons"?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Uncopyrightable 01-27-2007 08:32 PM

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:4OidnYdzmcDlLibYnZ2dnUVZ_sapnZ2d@comcast.com "Jer"
> <Jerstraw@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> For some reason about 3 or 4 weeks ago everything but the date stop
>> showing in the system tray. For some programs that start using the
>> system tray is the only way to shut them down. I have not been able to
>> find a fix. Even the normal indicator to expand the system tray has
>> disappeared.
>>
>> Can someone provide a workable solution?

> If you look at the toolbar properties, have you accidentally set "Hide
> inactive icons"?

also try running start>run>msconfig
this will give you access to everything that loads at windows startup,
see if any are there. like virus software, firewall, ICQ, messenger et al.

1932 01-27-2007 08:34 PM

"Jer" <Jerstraw@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:4OidnYdzmcDlLibYnZ2dnUVZ_sapnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> For some reason about 3 or 4 weeks ago everything but the date stop
> showing in the system tray. For some programs that start using the system
> tray is the only way to shut them down. I have not been able to find a
> fix. Even the normal indicator to expand the system tray has disappeared.
>
> Can someone provide a workable solution?

http://winhlp.com/WxSystray.htm

It`s a long read, but there`s got to be something there,
to help.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 01-27-2007 09:22 PM

Re: A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray)

"Jer" <Jerstraw@comcast.net> wrote:

>For some reason about 3 or 4 weeks ago everything but the date stop showing
>in the system tray. For some programs that start using the system tray is
>the only way to shut them down. I have not been able to find a fix. Even the
>normal indicator to expand the system tray has disappeared.
>
>Can someone provide a workable solution?

What Kelly has to offer

A nice site to visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

--
Bette Davis Eyes
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-RdAzkKlXY

Jer 01-28-2007 07:46 AM

Re: A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray)

The Hide inactive icons is unchecked.

Jer 01-28-2007 07:47 AM

Re: A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray)

Checked that and nothing appears that may be causing the problem

Jer 01-28-2007 07:48 AM

Re: A System Tray Issue ( For some reason nothing but the date shows up in my system tray)

Thank I'll read it.