Velocity Reviews

-   -   Catch today's Dilbert... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t480273-catch-todays-dilbert.html)

WhzzKdd 01-26-2007 01:42 AM

Catch today's Dilbert...

http://www.dilbert.com/

sittingduck 01-26-2007 02:00 AM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

WhzzKdd wrote:

> http://www.dilbert.com/

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...1832660125.gif

That should get our resident linux nazis' panties in a wad!

WhzzKdd 01-26-2007 02:08 AM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

sittingduck wrote:
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>
>> http://www.dilbert.com/

> http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...1832660125.gif
>
> That should get our resident linux nazis' panties in a wad!

Exactly! Oh - wait, I forgot to cross-post it to 12 or 13 newsgroups...

Ponder 01-26-2007 08:28 AM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

Hiya WhzzKdd.

In <news:s0duh.72$Dw4.21@newsfe03.lga> you wrote:

> http://www.dilbert.com/

That's the first Dilbert I've actually seen posted around for a while
but...

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3245/

Never miss another Dilbert (unless you forget to click the icon of
course) ;)

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

Michael Fierro 01-26-2007 06:04 PM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

sittingduck 01-26-2007 11:50 PM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

Michael Fierro wrote:

> Why would a Linux dude like me get upset about that one? It just points out
> that management ignores anything that they don't understand, even if it is
> better/more intelligent.

I didn't say Linux dude, I said "Linux Nazi". There's obviously a difference.

William Poaster 01-27-2007 12:15 AM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:04:25 -0700, Michael Fierro wrote:

> On Thursday 25 January 2007 07:00 pm, sittingduck ranted on thusly:
>

> http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...1832660125.gif
>
>> That should get our resident linux nazis' panties in a wad!

> Why would a Linux dude like me get upset about that one? It just points
> out that management ignores anything that they don't understand, even if
> it is better/more intelligent.

Exactly.

> Sounds right to me...

'Twas ever thus.

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061104

"That may get the resident windows nazis panties in a wad" ;-)

--
Just when you think the wintrolls can't get any more stupid,
up pops another one to prove you wrong.

sittingduck 01-27-2007 06:50 PM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

William Poaster wrote:

> http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061104
>
> "That may get the resident windows nazis panties in a wad" ;-)

Weak, very weak. It's not surprising that was the best you could come up with
though, I don's see many widows users railing against linux.

WhzzKdd 01-27-2007 08:01 PM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

sittingduck wrote:
> William Poaster wrote:
>
>> http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061104
>>
>> "That may get the resident windows nazis panties in a wad" ;-)

> Weak, very weak. It's not surprising that was the best you could come
> up with though, I don's see many widows users railing against linux.

In fact, as a Windows user, I don't any reason to rail against any other OS.
Every OS has it's strong points.

Respondant 01-27-2007 08:27 PM

Re: Catch today's Dilbert...

WhzzKdd wrote:

> sittingduck wrote:
>> William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061104
>>>
>>> "That may get the resident windows nazis panties in a wad" ;-)

>> Weak, very weak. It's not surprising that was the best you could come
>> up with though, I don's see many widows users railing against linux.

> In fact, as a Windows user, I don't any reason to rail against any
> other OS. Every OS has it's strong points.

Don't waste your time. The linux advocates have some kind of personality
flaw that makes them feel as though they are somehow superior to us lowly
Windows users. Like running linux requires "mad skillz", yo.

While the fact remains that there are so many flavors of linux that it's
more inconvenient than it is difficult, to get one set up exactly how you
like it, and make it DO what you want it to DO, when you want to DO it,
right off the bat.

[space for linux advocates to call me st00pid]

I just don't see why anyone cares what OS somebody else uses. I like
Windows, others like linux. So what? Who gives a **** as long as we're all
happy?

Same thing with browsers. Who ****in' cares? IE and Firefox are both far
from perfect. Ya wanna "perfect" browser? Try Opera. That's as close as
I've seen to "perfect"

YMMV, of course.