Velocity Reviews

-   -   'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!' (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t480132-oh-crap-oh-crap-oh-crap-recycle-bin-says-are-you-sure-you-want-to-delete-windows-help-please.html)

01-23-2007 03:05 AM

'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!'

I have XP pro.
I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.
There was a lot of corruption on it.
Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt
and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
" Windows".
What the f__k is happening?
Please help.
Thanks

Ian 01-23-2007 03:07 AM

Re: 'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!'

<someone@somedomain.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:DXeth.123865$QY6.34266@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
>I have XP pro.
> I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.
> There was a lot of corruption on it.
> Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt
> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do
> I want to delete
> " Windows".

Click "YES" or "OK" for that bit and go and make a cup of tea/coffee.

Evan Platt 01-23-2007 03:19 AM

Re: 'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!'

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:05:07 GMT, <someone@somedomain.com.invalid>
wrote:

>I have XP pro.

Ok good start.

>I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.

Ok, some mystery MP3 player.

>There was a lot of corruption on it.
>Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt

Huh?

> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
>" Windows".
>What the f__k is happening?

There is something in there otherwise you wouldn't have empty recycle
bin as an option.

Jack Ruddock 01-23-2007 08:02 AM

Re: 'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!'

say yes

taj

Peter 01-23-2007 02:07 PM

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:19:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:05:07 GMT, <someone@somedomain.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>>Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt

> Huh?
>
>> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
>>" Windows".
>>What the f__k is happening?

> There is something in there otherwise you wouldn't have empty recycle
> bin as an option.

Might be worth trying ExplorerXP from http://www.explorerxp.com/ as it
shows some files that Windows Explorer doesn't - worth looking on each
drive separately.
You are showing full extensions and hidden files, aren't you?

--
Peter.
If you can do it today, you didn't put off enough yesterday.