Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   challenge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t479957-challenge.html)

Meat Plow 01-18-2007 06:26 PM

challenge
 

Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
Googled it with no luck
Gateway'd it no luck
Emachines, no luck
Chicony, no luck.



--
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004

COOSN-266-06-25794

SJP 01-18-2007 06:38 PM

Re: challenge
 

"Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>
> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
> Googled it with no luck
> Gateway'd it no luck
> Emachines, no luck
> Chicony, no luck.
>

Got a Chicony keyboard then?
Seems to be a file associated with them



Senti 01-18-2007 06:59 PM

Re: challenge
 
SJP wrote:
> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>> Googled it with no luck
>> Gateway'd it no luck
>> Emachines, no luck
>> Chicony, no luck.
>>

> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
> Seems to be a file associated with them
>
>


I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
mentioned already. :P

Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
disks?

The Old Sourdough 01-18-2007 07:17 PM

Re: challenge
 
Meat Plow <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in
news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local:

>
> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
> Googled it with no luck
> Gateway'd it no luck
> Emachines, no luck
> Chicony, no luck.
>
>
>


Looks like a third-party program supplied with Chicony's driver.
What model keyboard is it?

Maybe this will help:

http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/kb/top1.asp

--
The Old Sourdough
theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com
If you can't think of something nice to say about a person, go ahead.
- George Carlin

Meat Plow 01-18-2007 07:23 PM

Re: challenge
 
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:38:01 +0000, SJP Has Frothed:

>
> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>>
>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>> Googled it with no luck
>> Gateway'd it no luck
>> Emachines, no luck
>> Chicony, no luck.
>>

> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
> Seems to be a file associated with them


Originally probably but it's been replaced with a Logitech. Zhotkey
provides the OSD for the keyboard's volume control but it still functions
without. I just like the OSD or I wouldn't bother trying to find it. My
existing file must have got corrupted since it crashes when executed.


--
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow 01-18-2007 07:26 PM

Re: challenge
 
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:40 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:

> SJP wrote:
>> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
>> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>>> Googled it with no luck
>>> Gateway'd it no luck
>>> Emachines, no luck
>>> Chicony, no luck.
>>>

>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>> Seems to be a file associated with them
>>
>>

>
> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
> mentioned already. :P
>
> Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
> tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
> disks?


The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
file there. Thanks.

--
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow 01-18-2007 07:32 PM

Re: challenge
 
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:17:02 -0600, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:

> Meat Plow <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in
> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local:
>
>>
>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>> Googled it with no luck
>> Gateway'd it no luck
>> Emachines, no luck
>> Chicony, no luck.
>>
>>
>>

>
> Looks like a third-party program supplied with Chicony's driver.
> What model keyboard is it?
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/kb/top1.asp


Well I did have the file on a spare drive for that machine but when
executed it still crashes. So there is something else at fault, no big
deal.

--
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004

COOSN-266-06-25794

SJP 01-18-2007 07:51 PM

Re: challenge
 

"Senti" <sentientfluid@example.com> wrote in message
news:wsPrh.676898$1T2.504618@pd7urf2no...
> SJP wrote:
>> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
>> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>>> Googled it with no luck
>>> Gateway'd it no luck
>>> Emachines, no luck
>>> Chicony, no luck.
>>>

>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>> Seems to be a file associated with them

>
> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
> mentioned already. :P


Sorry.....long day at work!



Senti 01-18-2007 07:58 PM

Re: challenge
 
Meat Plow wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:40 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:
>
>> SJP wrote:
>>> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
>>> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>>>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>>>> Googled it with no luck
>>>> Gateway'd it no luck
>>>> Emachines, no luck
>>>> Chicony, no luck.
>>>>
>>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>>> Seems to be a file associated with them
>>>
>>>

>> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
>> mentioned already. :P
>>
>> Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
>> tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
>> disks?

>
> The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
> there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
> given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
> since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
> file there. Thanks.
>


If that doesn't work, the only other think I can think of is to email
eMachines (or Chicony) and see if they can help you out.

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

Senti 01-18-2007 07:58 PM

Re: challenge
 
SJP wrote:
> "Senti" <sentientfluid@example.com> wrote in message
> news:wsPrh.676898$1T2.504618@pd7urf2no...
>> SJP wrote:
>>> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
>>> news:pan.2007.01.18.18.26.00.781000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local...
>>>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>>>> Googled it with no luck
>>>> Gateway'd it no luck
>>>> Emachines, no luck
>>>> Chicony, no luck.
>>>>
>>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>>> Seems to be a file associated with them

>> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
>> mentioned already. :P

>
> Sorry.....long day at work!
>


No worries. I was just being a cheeky monkey. :) I'm familiar with long
days at work so I can sympathize. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.