Velocity Reviews

-   -   Capturing Streaming Video from ABC.com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t479838-capturing-streaming-video-from-abc-com.html)

Monica 01-14-2007 07:19 PM

Capturing Streaming Video from ABC.com

I would like to record/capture the streaming video that ABC.com offers of
their show's previous episodes. FF offers an addon called Ook that captures
videos (like on YouTube) but it's not working on the Grey's Anatomy
streaming video from ABC. Anyone know of a freebie program or even a trial
(that will allow the whole program to record) version that will do this? In
an earlier post,
someone mentioned KeepVid but the popup screen that the video plays in
doesn't have a URL.
FVD from FF doesn't work either. Firefox is my browser.

Thanks,
Monica

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 01-14-2007 09:34 PM

Re: Capturing Streaming Video from ABC.com

"Monica" <reese@iluvlabs.com> wrote:

>I would like to record/capture the streaming video that ABC.com offers of
>their show's previous episodes. FF offers an addon called Ook that captures
>videos (like on YouTube) but it's not working on the Grey's Anatomy
>streaming video from ABC. Anyone know of a freebie program or even a trial
>(that will allow the whole program to record) version that will do this? In
>an earlier post,
>someone mentioned KeepVid but the popup screen that the video plays in
>doesn't have a URL.
>FVD from FF doesn't work either. Firefox is my browser.

Different route
http://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=Greys+Anatomy

Utorrent as a client http://utorrent.com/

If you find the link of use you might help them purchase an island...
http://buysealand.com/?cat=1

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuoaFKD25tI&eurl=

Martin Knight 01-15-2007 05:58 AM

Re: Capturing Streaming Video from ABC.com

When I saw this message I thought this is great to be able to watch past
episodes on the computer. But when I connected to ABC.com its says "not
available in Canada". What a bummer, does anybody know how to fool a website
with another IP from somewhere else.

Martin

Martin Knight 01-15-2007 06:03 AM

Re: Capturing Streaming Video from ABC.com

This help I got the other day may be the answer for you. I was able to grab
streamed video and save it.
Martin

...................... snip .....................

<english_dude@london.com> wrote in message
news:1168777607.752060.168990@51g2000cwl.googlegro ups.com...

> To save the clip get SDP multimedia (free) from
> http://sdp.ppona.com/
> this program lets you download mms streams from webpages.
>
> With the clip playing, R-click it and select properties. Highlight and
> copy the location which in this case is
> http://mfile.akamai.com/12909/wmv/vo...25938.200k.asx
> Start SDP,click open and paste the above url in the dialog box. Click
> go and you will be prompted for a location to save the wmv file.