Velocity Reviews

-   -   Q. re laptop hard-disk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t479676-q-re-laptop-hard-disk.html)

Jimmy Dean 01-09-2007 09:44 AM

Q. re laptop hard-disk

I have an old Toshiba Satelite Pro 4300 with a 12GB HD. I would like
to upgrade to a 40GB HD but am told the BIOS only supports 6,12,18GB
HDs.

I also understand I can use a "hard-disk manager" to allow the 40GB HD
to be installed at full capacity but am wondering how reliable this is
and what potential problems it might create?

TIA

jd

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 01-09-2007 08:36 PM

Re: Q. re laptop hard-disk

Jimmy Dean <jdean@nowere.now> wrote:

>I have an old Toshiba Satelite Pro 4300 with a 12GB HD. I would like
>to upgrade to a 40GB HD but am told the BIOS only supports 6,12,18GB
>HDs.
>
>I also understand I can use a "hard-disk manager" to allow the 40GB HD
>to be installed at full capacity but am wondering how reliable this is
>and what potential problems it might create?

Split the HD up into 18Gig partitions. MaxBlast will do this,
http://tinyurl.com/5ppq4 create a floppy boot disk with the file.

Install the new drive, boot up with the floppy, follow directions.
--
http://verystrangenews.com/?p=34