Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to print a list of folder contents? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t479160-how-to-print-a-list-of-folder-contents.html)

Alan 12-25-2006 12:47 AM

How to print a list of folder contents?

I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
(or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

--
Alan

John Holmes 12-25-2006 12:53 AM

Re: How to print a list of folder contents?

Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable
> to do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can
> anyone suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows
> XP? Thanks.

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
you lazy bitch.

--
You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 12-25-2006 01:04 AM

"Alan" <in_flagrante@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
>(or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
>it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
>that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
>download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

Karen's Directory Printer
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--
http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/

Alan 12-25-2006 02:02 AM

Re: How to print a list of folder contents?

<Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote

Hey Penny ---- thanks very much for your help! (and a Merry Christmas!)

Alan 12-25-2006 02:06 AM

Re: How to print a list of folder contents?

"John Holmes" wrote
> Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
>> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable
>> to do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
>> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can
>> anyone suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows
>> XP? Thanks.

> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
> you lazy bitch.
>
> --
> You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do if
it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)

M 12-25-2006 07:38 AM

"Alan" <in_flagrante@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:UcFjh.25016$Gr2.24759@newssvr21.news.prodigy. net...
> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to
> do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone
> suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Alan

Open Windows Explorer at your MyMusic folder (probably C:\Documents and
Settings\<Your Name>\My Documents\My Music), copy this address into the
address bar of Mozilla Firefox and you have a printable listing.

Alan 12-25-2006 02:36 PM

Re: How to print a list of folder contents?

"M" wrote
> "Alan" wrote
>> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
>> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to
>> do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
>> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone
>> suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Alan

> Open Windows Explorer at your MyMusic folder (probably C:\Documents and
> Settings\<Your Name>\My Documents\My Music), copy this address into the
> address bar of Mozilla Firefox and you have a printable listing.

Hey Thanks M! -- That's the easiest solution so far. Very easy to copy into
a .txt file, import it into Excel and, with a little bit of fiddling, I can
get the list to look exactly like I want it to.
--
Alan

why? 12-25-2006 09:32 PM

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 02:06:19 GMT, Alan wrote:

>"John Holmes" wrote
>> Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
>>> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable
>>> to do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
>>> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can
>>> anyone suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows
>>> XP? Thanks.

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
>> you lazy bitch.
>>
>> --
>> You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

>John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do if
>it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)

You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.

Me

Alan 12-26-2006 06:58 PM

Re: How to print a list of folder contents?

"why?" wrote >
Alan wrote:

>>"John Holmes" wrote
>>> Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
>>> you lazy bitch.
>>>
>>> --
>>> You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

>>John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do
>>if
>>it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)
>>

> You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
> all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.
>
> Me

Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise in
picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their
experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
with?
If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
this newsgroup?

Cindy Stuart 12-26-2006 09:58 PM

On 26-Dec-2006, "Alan" <in_flagrante@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise
> in
> picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their
> experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
> with?
> If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
>
> this newsgroup?

AMEN! - Google's great but i've gotten more workable solutions here from the
vast array of knowledgeable posters than from the search engines. and it's
educational. just by reading through the help requests with their
others; what a wonderful resource! - and it's more personal than google. i
have asked my share of dumb questions and someone has always been kind
enough to reply with help.
merry Christmas, happy Chanukah to everyone - and happiness for 2007.
cindy