Velocity Reviews

-   -   disable Windows login and logout sounds (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t478929-disable-windows-login-and-logout-sounds.html)

DL 12-17-2006 06:03 PM

disable Windows login and logout sounds

Hi,
I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my own.
How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo system, but
I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music when I login and
out.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

pcbutts1 12-17-2006 06:19 PM

Re: disable Windows login and logout sounds

Control panel>sounds>sounds tab.

Bert Hyman 12-17-2006 06:22 PM

Re: disable Windows login and logout sounds

In news:xL-dnUzxcYbBGxjYnZ2dnUVZ_oipnZ2d@insightbb.com "DL"
<kufgek@blweghiwe.com> wrote:

> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
> own.

Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices. Select "Sounds" tab.

In "Program events:" window, find "Start Windows", "Exit Windows",
"Windows Login" and "Windows Logoff" and assign them either no sound, or
one more to your liking.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

John Holmes 12-17-2006 06:23 PM

Re: disable Windows login and logout sounds

DL "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi,
> I know there has to be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out on my
> own. How do I disable the sound that Windows plays
> when I login and logout? I like to play music through my stereo
> system, but I don't like hearing those sounds over the top of my music
> when I login and out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

start>settings>cuntrol panel>sounds and audio devices>sound tab

--
You bizarre basin of infested pig droppings.

DL 12-17-2006 07:01 PM

Re: disable Windows login and logout sounds

Okay, thanks. Now that I have that done on my user login, I notice that
other logins in my family still have the sounds. Is that the way it should
be? Or do I need to do the same from all logins? (multi-user-login XP-pro
system)

Thanks again in advance,
Dave

news:20061217182343.3DF2C7000088@mwinf6303.orange. nl...

Lookout 12-18-2006 03:23 PM

Re: disable Windows login and logout sounds

My guess would be to log on to each account and do the same thing.

What's in a Name? 12-19-2006 01:14 AM

Re: disable Windows login and logout sounds

pcbutts1 aka pcbutts1@****leythosthestalker.com in
24hoursupport.helpdesk <5rCdnb_iw7SiFxjYnZ2dnUVZ_oipnZ2d@giganews.com>
on 12/17/2006 after much thought,came up with this jewel:

> Control panel>sounds>sounds tab.

Before listening to pcbutthead,read through these gems-

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...do-believe-PCB
UTTS1-has-finally-lost-the-plot.aspx

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...10/272921.aspx

http://forums.security-central.us/sh...ad.php?p=10097