Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   MCSE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f25-mcse.html)
-   -   braindumps (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47832-braindumps.html)

Andrew Lomakin 12-09-2003 09:36 AM

braindumps
 
can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps talking about.

thanx



Don Julio 12-09-2003 10:15 AM

Re: braindumps
 
it's a site where people put questions and answers from MCSE exams.
Basically its cheating and cheapens the qualification. I have had to take
mcp type exams at job interviews because the employer didn't trust entirely
candidates quals.

Cheers


"Andrew Lomakin" <spam@belam.lv> wrote in message
news:ua0shfjvDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps talking about.
>
> thanx
>
>




Paul 12-09-2003 06:32 PM

braindumps
 
You don't want to know - just do your studying!

>-----Original Message-----
>can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps

talking about.
>
>thanx
>
>
>.
>


Ken Briscoe 12-09-2003 06:54 PM

Re: braindumps
 
> You don't want to know - just do your studying!

I think you're wrong here...if he doesn't know what they are, how does he
know to avoid them? It's not always obvious to tell the legit study guides
from the dumps just by looking at the questions - because if you haven't
taken the test before, how do you know if those questions will appear
verbatim on the real exam? The first clue is the guarantee of a passing
grade. In fact, there was a thread in here just a short while back in which
the ways to tell a dump from a legit site were discussed.

To the OP:
It's good you asked what a dump was, and it's been answered already in this
thread. Next step is to avoid them.

McGruff says, "Don't do dumps."

--

KB - MCNGP #26

first initial last name AT hotmail DOT com



Tron2004 12-09-2003 08:15 PM

Re: braindumps
 
yeah I am sure he will avoid cheating now that he knows how to do it.

Don't be a dumb ass and explain to someone what a braindump is. If they
don't know they are better off.


"Ken Briscoe" <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote in message
news:uov8UXovDHA.3220@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > You don't want to know - just do your studying!

>
> I think you're wrong here...if he doesn't know what they are, how does he
> know to avoid them? It's not always obvious to tell the legit study guides
> from the dumps just by looking at the questions - because if you haven't
> taken the test before, how do you know if those questions will appear
> verbatim on the real exam? The first clue is the guarantee of a passing
> grade. In fact, there was a thread in here just a short while back in

which
> the ways to tell a dump from a legit site were discussed.
>
> To the OP:
> It's good you asked what a dump was, and it's been answered already in

this
> thread. Next step is to avoid them.
>
> McGruff says, "Don't do dumps."
>
> --
>
> KB - MCNGP #26
>
> first initial last name AT hotmail DOT com
>
>




Ken Briscoe 12-09-2003 08:58 PM

Re: braindumps
 
> yeah I am sure he will avoid cheating now that he knows how to do it.
>
> Don't be a dumb ass and explain to someone what a braindump is. If they
> don't know they are better off.


Don't be so jaded. Not everyone is looking for an easy way out. Besides, if
he's going to cheat, I'd rather him *know* that he's cheating, so that
there's a chance he'll feel guilty about it later - as opposed to using the
dumps and not knowing about it, only to learn later that his studies (what
he would view as studying - what we'd view as cheating) were using
"illegal" materials.
And it's not like braindumps are an original concept. Hell, high school
kids do it. I'm sure if he *really* wanted to cheat, he would have gotten
it in his head to search the web for exact exam questions.

And on a related note...go back and read the thread. I didn't once say what
a braindump actually was, I mentioned in passing what was wrong with
verbatim questions - I didn't say "a braindump is such and such". The first
reply specifically laid out the definition of a dump, to which I referred
in my post. I did not tell the OP what a dump is.


Robots...

--

KB - MCNGP #26

first initial last name AT hotmail DOT com



|{evin 12-09-2003 09:54 PM

Re: braindumps
 
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:15:06 -0500, "Tron2004" <shutup@shutup.com>
wrote:

>yeah I am sure he will avoid cheating now that he knows how to do it.
>
>Don't be a dumb ass and explain to someone what a braindump is. If they
>don't know they are better off.
>


It's 2004 already?


Andrew Lomakin 12-10-2003 07:44 AM

Re: braindumps
 
hmm, other question:
there are sample tests (like SelfTestSoftware practice test for 70-270). In
that test i've encountered many questions that were same that ones on the
exam. i passed with 867, but still got a question: are such practice tests
legit?

"Andrew Lomakin" <spam@belam.lv> wrote in message
news:ua0shfjvDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps talking about.
>
> thanx
>
>




Dave 12-10-2003 10:16 AM

Re: braindumps
 
SelfTestSoftware amd MeasureUp are actually recommended in MSPress books so
yes they are legit.

"Andrew Lomakin" <spam@belam.lv> wrote in message
news:O9JO8FvvDHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> hmm, other question:
> there are sample tests (like SelfTestSoftware practice test for 70-270).

In
> that test i've encountered many questions that were same that ones on the
> exam. i passed with 867, but still got a question: are such practice tests
> legit?
>
> "Andrew Lomakin" <spam@belam.lv> wrote in message
> news:ua0shfjvDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps talking about.
> >
> > thanx
> >
> >

>
>




TN 12-10-2003 12:47 PM

Re: braindumps
 
Interesting. I wonder how useful it is to do MCP type testing at a job
interview... Most of the stuff you do in the exams you will not likely do
or see again because a lot of small to medium sized companies don't use it.
Thus, you will not be current on it. The people that will do well in they
type of interview would be the people just fresh out of the exam / course.
The problem with interview type questions I have found is that they are
written for the company not by the company. The person doing the interview
does not have any idea if the questions are relevant or not. Just what the
right answer is. Most often they are written by a 'consultant.

I am an MCP on various products, MCDBA and one exam short of MCSE (216). I
wouldn't do that well on any of those exams right now as I am not currently
studying or using a lot of the topic material.

The whole cert thing is BS anyway. It only gives a false impression of the
capabilities of the person. People better at studying do better at the
exams however for the practical person it is harder. (despite what Microsoft
says about the practical side of the exams) For the practical people, the
books are always there, the CD help files are always there...Committing
little facts to memory is pointless except for MCP type tests in an
interview.

"Don Julio" <me@mynewwork.com> wrote in message
news:u%23mzj4jvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> it's a site where people put questions and answers from MCSE exams.
> Basically its cheating and cheapens the qualification. I have had to take
> mcp type exams at job interviews because the employer didn't trust

entirely
> candidates quals.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> "Andrew Lomakin" <spam@belam.lv> wrote in message
> news:ua0shfjvDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > can someone explain me what is a braindump everyone keeps talking about.
> >
> > thanx
> >
> >

>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.