Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to add wireless pc to workgroup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t478189-how-to-add-wireless-pc-to-workgroup.html)

John Owens 11-25-2006 08:26 PM

How to add wireless pc to workgroup

Hi

I have a workgroup (w2k, xp and 98 ) running through a linksys router. I
also have two laptops (xp) hanging wirelssly off the router which can both
surf the net and ping the other pc's. BUT I cannot get them to join the
workgroup.
The pcas even see the laptops but when I click on theur entryu I get a
'route not found' messgae.

I have set up shares. I have set them to workgroup in the same name (not the
default mshome).

John

John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk
Fax +44 1509 890822

John Owens 11-25-2006 09:42 PM

Re: How to add wireless pc to workgroup

OOPs I pressed send too quickly.

Here is the English version, hopefully spelt correctly......

I have a workgroup ( a mixture of w2k, xp and 98 ) running through a linksys
router.
I also have two laptops (xp) hanging wirelessly off the router which can
both
surf the net and ping the other pc's. BUT I cannot get them to join the
workgroup.
The pcs even see the laptops but when I click on their entry I get a
'route not found' message.

I have set up shares. I have set them to workgroup in the same name (not the
default mshome).

I would be grateful for any pointers helping me to get these xp laptops to
work within the workgroup, wirelessly.

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk