Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sony Vaio (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t478082-sony-vaio.html)

caroline 11-22-2006 05:00 PM

Sony Vaio

Does anyone know anything about the above Sony PCG 9N 1M Laptop.
Does it require a recall battery and how much RAM would it have

Evan Platt 11-22-2006 06:08 PM

Re: Sony Vaio

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:00:34 GMT, "caroline" <nevermind@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know anything about the above Sony PCG 9N 1M Laptop.
>Does it require a recall battery

Huh? If you buy it new, you will get a non recalled battery.

If you buy it used, who knows.

>and how much RAM would it have

However much it comes with when you buy it.

Are you buying it new from Sony? You tell them how much memory you
want in it.

caroline 11-22-2006 06:53 PM

Re: Sony Vaio

It is my daughter who is in America, she had it new about three years ago.
I was thinking on upping the Ram, THAT IS IF i KNEW HOW MUCH ****ING ram WAS
IN IT

Evan Platt 11-22-2006 07:07 PM

Re: Sony Vaio

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:53:47 GMT, "caroline" <nevermind@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>It is my daughter who is in America, she had it new about three years ago.

Ok, so go to
https://esupport.sony.com/perl/compa...p_project_id=7

and you can see if the battery is recalled.

>I was thinking on upping the Ram, THAT IS IF i KNEW HOW MUCH ****ING ram WAS
>IN IT

My my, your daughter should wash your mouth out with soap.

Go to http://www.crucial.com/ and have her run the Memory Adviser.

beenthere 11-22-2006 07:19 PM

Re: Sony Vaio

"caroline" <nevermind@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> It is my daughter who is in America, she had it new about three years ago.
> I was thinking on upping the Ram, THAT IS IF i KNEW HOW MUCH ****ING ram
> WAS
> IN IT

You tell him Caz. Don`t you stand no sh*t from `im. <g>.
Now for any memory problems, go to
www.crucial.com
Type in the details of the machine, and it should help you find
what you need to know.
Lotsa luv, and bw..OJ

Bucky Breeder 11-22-2006 07:25 PM

Re: Sony Vaio

"caroline" applied for extreme makeover home editon
in news:%019h.52801$Ib.31631@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

> It is my daughter who is in America, she had it new about three years
> ago. I was thinking on upping the Ram, THAT IS IF i KNEW HOW MUCH
> ****ING ram WAS IN IT

Via your Start Menu or Contol Panel, open your System Information. It will
tell you, or her and she can copy and e-Mail to you, the information.

www.crucial.com has a very user-friendly dichotomous key "Memory Advisor"
which can really help you out a lot. You can then comparison-shop on the web.

Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and joyous holiday season.

--

If trees could scream,
would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?

old man 11-22-2006 08:45 PM

Re: Sony Vaio

The crystal ball is foggy so I cannot tell you how much ram is in it, and as
I didnt buy it I cannot tell you how much ram was specified on purchase.