Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t477474-how-to-insert-the-modified-time-attribute-in-date-taken-attribute-of-an-image-in-batch-mode.html)

ashjas 11-05-2006 09:41 PM

How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

Hi,

I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
"date taken" attribute of an image file..but was not able to find
anyone of them really do the job.

Attribute magicpro is closest match for this task but its in beta
currently so the changes are not really reflected in windows(VISTA
RC1).[In win xp the date taken attribute isnt available i think..but
this is immaterial]..

If there is a way to do this in vista inbuilt then please suggest how
to do this...NOTE i know that I can do it individually...but I have
hundereds of photos so i am looking for batch mode..

And the info that is to be inserted is a variable..so for every
file..the modified time attribute is to be read and inserted into the
date taken attribute..and so the mmanual-select all and modify the
attribute from windows for all the photos wont work..

My cameraphone doesnt add this info in the date taken attribute
defaultly..so I need to do this to let a better organisation of my
photos..

the renaming feature is fine(renaming the title including the modified
timestamp) but i need this info to be inserted into the date taken
attribute of my photos...

Can anyone suggest a software that does this effectively..

Thanks.

ejunks@gmail.com 11-05-2006 09:54 PM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

I have been waiting for this as well...
Please anyone??

John Holmes 11-05-2006 10:05 PM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

ashjas "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> windows(VISTA RC1)

Wait for the final version and BUY it.

--
You pernicious lorryload of vile over-ripe tomatoes.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 11-05-2006 10:53 PM

"ashjas" <ashjas@gmail.com> wrote:

>If there is a way to do this in vista inbuilt then please suggest how
>to do this...NOTE i know that I can do it individually...but I have
>hundereds of photos so i am looking for batch mode..

What I have kept from changing files names to dates, follow the links.

@echo off&SETLOCAL

:: This will return date into environment vars
:: Works on any NT/2K/XP machine independent of regional date
settings
:: 20 March 2002

FOR /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/-. " %%G IN ('date /t') DO (call
:s_fixdate %%G %%H %%I %%J)
goto :s_print_the_date

:s_fixdate
if "%1:~0,1%" GTR "9" shift
FOR /f "skip=1 tokens=2-4 delims=(-)" %%G IN ('echo.^|date') DO (
set %%G=%1&set %%H=%2&set %%I=%3)
goto :eof

:s_print_the_date
MD %mm%%dd%%yy%
ENDLOCAL&SET mm=%mm%&SET dd=%dd%&SET yy=%yy%

:: see also http://www.robvanderwoude.com/amb_datetime.html
:: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/datetiment.html
:: http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdfuncs/dandt/index.htm
:: from http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html

--

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_308230955.html

ashjas 11-06-2006 04:49 PM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

Can u please be more specific.
I cant understand ur reply.
Thanks

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 11-06-2006 06:03 PM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

"ashjas" <ashjas@gmail.com> wrote:

>Can u please be more specific.
>I cant understand ur reply.
>Thanks

It's If you wish to write your own batch file as you mention'd.

I had that text file sitting around, that I had used as a format to
rename files to the days date. it's not what you want but close and
the links provided should provide you with scripting you can use.

http://canadared.blogspot.com/2006/1...thematics.html

ashjas 11-08-2006 10:39 AM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

????

Fred 11-08-2006 11:13 AM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

Try a Google search using keywords "batch edit exif"
HTH

news:1162762887.785943.151890@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 11-08-2006 10:04 PM

Re: How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

"ashjas" <ashjas@gmail.com> wrote:

>????

I was going to suggest you take this to
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
but I noticed they sent you to
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management

http://www.flurl.com/item/Best_DUI_Ever_u_197526