Velocity Reviews

-   -   My Doc's redirect syntax (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47742-my-docs-redirect-syntax.html)

Jorge 12-02-2003 02:23 PM

My Doc's redirect syntax

I am trying to redirect the My Documents folder to a
network share. Currently we have the users profiles mapped
to their H: drive. I would like to have the my documents
redirected to H:\My Documents but I am having trouble with
the syntax. In the GPO what should my syntax be?

Either:
\\server_name\share_name\%username%\My Documents

or

H:\My Documents

or something else?
Thanks for the tips in advance.

Jorge

brianz 12-02-2003 02:59 PM

Re: My Doc's redirect syntax

I presume you are using the "redirect my documents" in Active Directory; i
would suggest:

\\servername\sharename\%username%

No need to add the "my documents" bit on the end. It works fine for me.

Brianz

"Jorge" <jrdiaz25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to redirect the My Documents folder to a
> network share. Currently we have the users profiles mapped
> to their H: drive. I would like to have the my documents
> redirected to H:\My Documents but I am having trouble with
> the syntax. In the GPO what should my syntax be?
>
> Either:
> \\server_name\share_name\%username%\My Documents
>
> or
>
> H:\My Documents
>
> or something else?
> Thanks for the tips in advance.
>
> Jorge

12-02-2003 08:29 PM

Re: My Doc's redirect syntax

try not to use the same sharename as the profiles
though... might cause confusion. for example if your
profiles are maped to \\servername\profiles$\%username%
you can map your documents to \\servername\docs$\%
username%.