Velocity Reviews

-   -   Compaq Armada 1700 notebook problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t477400-compaq-armada-1700-notebook-problem.html)

Charles 11-03-2006 01:25 PM

Compaq Armada 1700 notebook problem

Having trouble setting my Compaq Armada 1700 notebook, it's a "6233/S/3200/D/0/1".

The screen and the harddisk turns off after about 15 minutes without activity. That's normal energy-saving behaviour.

But what's not normal is that no matter what I try, I can't change this behaviour.

Windows 98 -> Control Panel -> Power Management, everything set to "never".

Computer Setup (BIOS) -> "Set Defaults"

Computer Setup (BIOS) -> System Features -> En/disable ACPI

Computer Setup (BIOS) -> Power Management -> Hibernation / Battery Conservation / Properties / Custom Conservation

Flashed the BIOS

All to no avail. Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance.