Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft program called "Word"? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t477049-microsoft-program-called-word.html)

sammy 10-24-2006 07:02 PM

Microsoft program called "Word"?

Hello,

There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."

So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
simply called "Word?"

I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
program that will work.

Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.

Thanks,

Sammy

Jordan Greenberg 10-24-2006 07:46 PM

Re: Microsoft program called "Word"?

sammy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
> a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
>
> So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
>
> Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
> simply called "Word?"
>
> I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
> program that will work.
>
> Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
> and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sammy

Word is very mucn un-free. For most uses, a free downloadable option
would be OpenOffice (OpenOffice.org) Word 2003 is gonna run you about
200 bucks if you decide to buy it. So, you might want to ask why exactly
you need to use Word, and/or if work is planning on supplying you with
this software you "need"

HTH.
Jordan G

Whiskers 10-24-2006 08:32 PM

On 2006-10-24, sammy <sammy@toast.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
> a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
>
> So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
>
> Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
> simply called "Word?"

I don't think you can, legally. Microsoft like people to buy a 'licence'
along with the CD and so on.

> I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
> program that will work.
>
> Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
> and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sammy

If your employer requires you to use a specific software package, then
your employer should provide it to you.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Ron Martell 10-24-2006 08:41 PM

"sammy" <sammy@toast.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
>a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
>
>So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
>
>Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
>simply called "Word?"
>
>I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
>program that will work.
>
>Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
>and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.

Microsoft Word is a word processing program. It is not distributed
free.

If you need to acquire a copy your cheapest method would be to
purchase a copy of Microsoft Works Suite which includes a fully
licensed and functional copy of Microsoft Word.

Note that there are two different Microsoft products - Microsoft Works
Suite which includes Microsoft Word and Microsoft Works which does not
include Microsoft Word.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 10-24-2006 10:26 PM

sammy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is probably a better group ...

On another subject ... your email address:
From: "sammy" <sammy@toast.com>

Are you really part of toast.com, located in Brisbane, Queensland,
Australia?

If not, change your munged address to "sammy@example.com" whereas the
word "example" is reserved for stuff like this. Using toast.com is doing
a disservice to the folks who own that domain name. Getting them more
spam, actually.

--
-bts

Blinky the Shark 10-24-2006 10:34 PM

sammy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and
> there are a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."
>
> So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an
> answer.
>
> Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program
> which is simply called "Word?"
>
> I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the
> only program that will work.
>
> Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft
> downloads and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search
> for downloads.

Nice one. The food fish can't get to their "followup" buttons quickly
enough. :)

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

lee houston 10-24-2006 11:26 PM

"sammy" <sammy@toast.com> wrote in message
news:Jqt%g.12639$GN5.1922@tornado.tampabay.rr.com. ..
> Hello,

You might want to give AbiWord a try. It's a word processor
that works similar to usoft Word and will accept files from
several different word processors. It is Freeware.

http://www.abisource.com/

lee

why? 10-25-2006 09:09 PM

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:02:01 GMT, sammy wrote:

>Hello,
>
>There is probably a better group for this question. I searched and there are
>a ton of groups beginning with "Microsoft."

Only 45 for Word however , .word or word.general may be a good starting
point.

microsoft.public.word
microsoft.public.word.application.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.applicationerrors
microsoft.public.word.conversions
microsoft.public.word.customization.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft.public.word.dos
microsoft.public.word.drawing.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.drawing-graphics
microsoft.public.word.formatting.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.formattinglongdocs
microsoft.public.word.general
microsoft.public.word.international.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.internet.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.internetassistant
microsoft.public.word.mac
microsoft.public.word.macword2001
microsoft.public.word.macword5-6
microsoft.public.word.macword98
microsoft.public.word.mail
microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.mailmergefields
microsoft.public.word.newusers
microsoft.public.word.nonwindows
microsoft.public.word.numbering
microsoft.public.word.oleinterop
microsoft.public.word.ormattinglongdocs
microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
microsoft.public.word.programming
microsoft.public.word.setup.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.setupnetworking
microsoft.public.word.spelling.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.spelling-grammar
microsoft.public.word.tables
microsoft.public.word.vba.* (6)
microsoft.public.word.web.* (1)
microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
microsoft.public.word.word97vba
microsoft.public.word.wordbasic

>So I decided to come here. Somebody here alsways seems to have an answer.
>
>Anyway, does anyone know where I can download a Microsoft program which is
>simply called "Word?"

As mentioned it's not free.

>I need it to send some forms (templates) to work. I'm told this is the only
>program that will work.

To send forms or create, email will send forms / templates.

>Can anyone help me find where to download it? I went to Microsoft downloads
>and there are 291 replies when you put "Word" in a search for downloads.

Wrong idea.

Well there you go 2 seconds from www.google.com to
http://www.microsoft.com/office/eula/en.mspx

for -

Home Use Rights Licenses

The Home Use Program increases employee productivity and maximizes the
value of your Microsoft Office investment. It enables your employees to
work at home. Employees can get a licensed copy of select Microsoft
Office System products to install and use on a home computer. All
products offered through the Home Use Program use the same EULA
agreement, which is available for download below.

Microsoft Office Home Use Rights EULA

Me

sammy 10-25-2006 09:34 PM

Re: Microsoft program called "Word"?

wow!

thank you.

bardeban 10-26-2006 04:27 AM

Re: Microsoft program called "Word"?

the application is called ABIWORD, Google it and install it. it is free. it does same job as MsWord.