Velocity Reviews

-   -   compaq pc wont boot (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t476273-compaq-pc-wont-boot.html)

CodyKhaos 09-30-2006 03:45 PM

compaq pc wont boot

i've had this pc for a while now...goin on 3 years, and it works great.
its got 256mb of ram and a 40 gb hard drive and i love it. but recently
it hasnt been booting. i push the power button, the fan comes on, the
cd drive start whirring, but the green power light wont come on. its
running windows xp sp2 home edition, if that helps any. i tried going
to compaq but they gave me some elaborate complicated fix. then i
decided to check the underground. so come on guys, help a guy out.

Ben Myers 09-30-2006 05:05 PM

Re: compaq pc wont boot

Open the case and remove and reseat the memory modules. If this
doesn't help, carefully remove and reseat the processor.

Ben