Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sig Hiel (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t475979-sig-hiel.html)

Frosty 09-21-2006 01:22 PM

Sig Hiel

You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
go away upon replying?
Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

TIA

Frosty
--

Te precor dulcissime supplex!

Meat Plow 09-21-2006 01:28 PM

Re: Sig Hiel

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty Has Frothed:

> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it go
> away upon replying?
> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
>
> TIA

Google Usenet sig delimiter

COOSN-266-06-25794

Whiskers 09-21-2006 01:49 PM

Re: Sig Hiel

On 2006-09-21, Frosty <clause39@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
> go away upon replying?
> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
>
> TIA
>
> Frosty

Strictly speaking, it's two hyphens followed by a space and then a
'newline'.

I thought most "non-web-based email" programs treated the standard sig
delimiter in exactly the same way as decent news-reader programs do. I've
never used Eudora, so I don't know if it can do the job properly or if so,
what setting needs to be tweaked. (The only program I've ever used for
either email or news-reading, that couldn't handle sigs properly, was
Outlook Express 5 - which I found to be such a horrible program that I
stopped using it for anything as soon as I could).

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Evan Platt 09-21-2006 02:16 PM

Re: Sig Hiel

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty <clause39@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
>go away upon replying?
>Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

Works for me in Agent...

Synapse Syndrome 09-21-2006 04:01 PM

Re: Sig Hiel

"Frosty" <clause39@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
> go away upon replying?
> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

All it is is:

[dash][dash][space][return]

ss.

Leythos 09-21-2006 07:30 PM

Re: Sig Hiel

In article <tc45h2t0g2ga5nluv1ggd8n8g666ecioo8@4ax.com>, clause39
@yahoo.com says...
> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
> go away upon replying?
> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

Stop using a Email client for Usenet and get a standard, text based,
usenet client - Super Gravity conforms to Usenet standards.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Frosty 09-22-2006 03:24 AM

Re: Sig Hiel

I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
2006 09:28:11 -0400, and who should I see posting but Meat Plow
<meat@meatplow.local>! I could scarely believe Meat Plow
<meat@meatplow.local> would remark:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty Has Frothed:
>
>> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it go
>> away upon replying?
>> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
>>
>> TIA
>>

>Google Usenet sig delimiter

I know how to do it in usenet...
I want it in e-mail.

Frosty 09-22-2006 03:31 AM

Re: Sig Hiel

I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
2006 14:49:05 +0100, and who should I see posting but Whiskers
<catwheezel@operamail.com>! I could scarely believe Whiskers
<catwheezel@operamail.com> would remark:

>On 2006-09-21, Frosty <clause39@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
>> go away upon replying?
>> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Frosty

>Strictly speaking, it's two hyphens followed by a space and then a
>'newline'.
>
>I thought most "non-web-based email" programs treated the standard sig
>delimiter in exactly the same way as decent news-reader programs do. I've
>never used Eudora, so I don't know if it can do the job properly or if so,
>what setting needs to be tweaked.

A regular delimiter doesn't work.

Frosty 09-22-2006 03:31 AM

Re: Sig Hiel

I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
2006 07:16:37 -0700, and who should I see posting but Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************>! I could scarely believe Evan
Platt <evan@*******************************> would remark:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty <clause39@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
>>go away upon replying?
>>Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

>Works for me in Agent...

Works for me in Agent too.
But...

Frosty 09-22-2006 03:32 AM

Re: Sig Hiel

I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
2006 17:01:38 +0100, and who should I see posting but "Synapse
Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org>! I could scarely
believe "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org>
would remark:

>"Frosty" <clause39@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:tc45h2t0g2ga5nluv1ggd8n8g666ecioo8@4ax.com.. .
>> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
>> go away upon replying?
>> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

>All it is is:
>
>[dash][dash][space][return]
>
>ss.

In Eudora???