Velocity Reviews

-   -   Brother MFC 5440 printer problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t475311-brother-mfc-5440-printer-problem.html)

Ben Jones 09-03-2006 02:16 PM

Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

Hi,

I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas what
the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and plugging
it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.

Thanks everyone

Ben

Meat Plow 09-03-2006 02:24 PM

Re: Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
> screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas what
> the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and plugging
> it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.
>
> Thanks everyone
>
> Ben

Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

COOSN-266-06-25794

Ben Jones 09-03-2006 02:48 PM

"Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
>> screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas what
>> the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and
>> plugging
>> it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.
>>
>> Thanks everyone
>>
>> Ben

> Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

Nope, "Unable to change". Tells me to consult the trouble shooting in the
manual which tells me to disconnect it from the mains and reconnect it :oS
Wondering if anybody else had more information.

Ben

pcbutts1 09-03-2006 02:51 PM

Re: Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

Your answer is here on page 132
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/BH3FB_UsaEngUsr.pdf

news:4tBKg.12883$r61.3707@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

Meat Plow 09-03-2006 02:59 PM

Re: Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:48:30 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:

> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've got a Brother MFC 5440 multifunction printer. On the printer's LCD
>>> screen it's displaying "Unable to change". Has anybody got any ideas
>>> what the problem might be? I've tried unplugging it from the power and
>>> plugging
>>> it back in again, but I stil get the same problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks everyone
>>>
>>> Ben

>> Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

> Nope, "Unable to change". Tells me to consult the trouble shooting in the
> manual which tells me to disconnect it from the mains and reconnect it :oS
> Wondering if anybody else had more information.
>
> Ben

Never seen that message. How long did you leave it disconnected?

COOSN-266-06-25794

Leythos 09-03-2006 03:13 PM

Re: Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

In article <ps-dnVoJ7op3dmfZnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@giganews.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Your answer is here on page 132

Nice to see that you're still trying to add hits to your site to make
that Ad money. You could have provided a link from the vendors site, but
things like this just confirm how unethical you are.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

pcbutts1 09-03-2006 03:58 PM

Re: Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

Why don't you provide a link.

Ben Jones 09-03-2006 06:41 PM

> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:48:30 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:
>

>> "Meat Plow" <meat@meatplow.local> wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:16:32 +0000, Ben Jones Has Frothed:

>>> Sure it doesn't say "unable to clean" ?

>> Nope, "Unable to change". Tells me to consult the trouble shooting in the
>> manual which tells me to disconnect it from the mains and reconnect it
>> :oS
>> Wondering if anybody else had more information.
>>
>> Ben

> Never seen that message. How long did you leave it disconnected?

Left it off over night :o(

Ben

Ben Jones 09-03-2006 06:44 PM

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Your answer is here on page 132
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/BH3FB_UsaEngUsr.pdf

Cheers PCB....I can't find any objects inside it, I've tipped it upside down
and given it a shake, and I've left it powered off over night but still the
same. Looks like it's dead :o(

It's a shame because I really liked the printer...seperate colour cartidges,
network ready, all-in-one, and it was a real bargain at 80GBP then with
30GBP cashback from brother it was only 50GBP. I bought it just over a
year ago too...so no hope in getting Brother to fix it :o(

Ah well...time to bite the bullet and buy another!

Cheers everyone!

Ben

pcbutts1 09-03-2006 07:54 PM

Re: Brother MFC 5440 printer problem

Use a can of air and check for very very small pieces, something is jamming
it. Also try spinning the rollers backwards with the power off.

news:joFKg.13012$r61.6381@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...