Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP System Restore Point - can I put a "Create" icon on the desktop? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t475291-xp-system-restore-point-can-i-put-a-create-icon-on-the-desktop.html)

Larry Mehl 09-03-2006 01:50 AM

XP System Restore Point - can I put a "Create" icon on the desktop?

Hello --

If this can be done, can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Mehl

doS 09-03-2006 01:52 AM

Re: XP System Restore Point - can I put a "Create" icon on the desktop?

Lazy fcker

JANA 09-03-2006 06:12 AM

Re: XP System Restore Point - can I put a "Create" icon on the desktop?

If I remember right the file name is rstrui.exe. It should be located in
the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore

It is best to use this utility from the system properties, or from the
System Tools folder.

--

JANA
_____

Jimmy Dean 09-04-2006 12:16 AM

Re: XP System Restore Point - can I put a "Create" icon on the desktop?

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:50:10 -0700, "Larry Mehl" <mehl@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

>Hello --
>
>If this can be done, can someone tell me how to do it?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Larry Mehl

Not just for System Restore create, though you can put an icon which
will start the SR dialogue.

Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools and send the SR icon
to the Desktop.

In WInXP, SR lives at C:\WINDOWS\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

jd

Larry Mehl 09-05-2006 03:52 AM

Larry Mehl wrote:
> Hello --
>
> If this can be done, can someone tell me how to do it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Larry Mehl

Thanks to all for the solution.