Velocity Reviews

-   -   Word Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t475227-word-problem.html)

Arnold H. Hollander 09-01-2006 02:07 AM

Word Problem

Hi,
I ran into a problem with Microsoft Word 2002. I find that when I'm typing
sometimes a letter will be missed even though I am sure I hit the key. This
forces me to go back and reinsert the missing letter. This problem does not
occur when I'm using Notepad or Wordpad so my keyboard must be ok. Has
anyone any idea what is causing the problem?
Thanks.

Evan Platt 09-01-2006 05:23 AM

Re: Word Problem

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:07:33 -0400, "Arnold H. Hollander"
<aholland@optonline.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I ran into a problem with Microsoft Word 2002. I find that when I'm typing
>sometimes a letter will be missed even though I am sure I hit the key. This
>forces me to go back and reinsert the missing letter. This problem does not
>occur when I'm using Notepad or Wordpad so my keyboard must be ok. Has
>anyone any idea what is causing the problem?
>Thanks.

What operating system?

How much memory?

Arnold H. Hollander 09-01-2006 09:54 PM

Re: Word Problem

I'm running Win XP Pro on a Pent 3 at 596 MHz with 512 MB Ram

Jimmy Dean 09-02-2006 12:28 AM

Re: Word Problem

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:07:33 -0400, "Arnold H. Hollander"
<aholland@optonline.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I ran into a problem with Microsoft Word 2002. I find that when I'm typing
>sometimes a letter will be missed even though I am sure I hit the key. This
>forces me to go back and reinsert the missing letter. This problem does not
>occur when I'm using Notepad or Wordpad so my keyboard must be ok. Has
>anyone any idea what is causing the problem?
>Thanks.

Go to Add Remove Programs, find MS Office, Chage/Remove, select Repair
if available.

Otherwise you could uninstall all, reboot and reinstall. Might fix.

jd

Arnold H. Hollander 09-02-2006 02:19 AM

Re: Word Problem

Thanks. Repair seemed towork.