Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD-RW DISC (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t475213-dvd-rw-disc.html)

J MILNE 08-31-2006 05:05 PM

DVD-RW DISC

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WHEN I AM TRANSFERRING PHOTOS OR FILMS TO A DVD+RW IN
MY HARD DRIVE.
THE REASON I KNOW ITS NOT THE TYPE OF DISC , BECAUSE IT WAS WORKING , AND I
FEEL I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO STOP THIS.
WHEN I TRY TO COPY OR SEND PHOTS ETC TO MY DVD+RW IT COMES UP WITH THE
FOLLING MESSAGE=== WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FORMAT DVD+RW TO USE THIS
DISC USE THE ERASE THIS DVD+RW, SO WINDOWS CAN USE IT.
I HAVE TRIED THIS O NO AVAIL, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE BECAUSE IT USED TO WORK
WITH THIS TYPE OF DISC.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 08-31-2006 05:18 PM

Re: DVD-RW DISC

"J MILNE" <JAKEMILNE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

I wrote in all caps, once.

>i am having problems when i am transferring photos or films to a dvd+rw in
>my hard drive.
>the reason i know its not the type of disc , because it was working , and i
>feel i must have done something to stop this.
>when i try to copy or send phots etc to my dvd+rw it comes up with the
>folling message=== windows does not support this format dvd+rw to use this
>disc use the erase this dvd+rw, so windows can use it.
>i have tried this o no avail, can you help please because it used to work
>with this type of disc.

Use a dedicated CD program like Nero
http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Downloads.html Nero 6 would be best.

--

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

Evan Platt 08-31-2006 05:19 PM

Re: DVD-RW DISC

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:05:44 GMT, "J MILNE"
<JAKEMILNE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WHEN I AM TRANSFERRING PHOTOS OR FILMS TO A DVD+RW IN
>MY HARD DRIVE.
>THE REASON I KNOW ITS NOT THE TYPE OF DISC , BECAUSE IT WAS WORKING , AND I
>FEEL I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO STOP THIS.
>WHEN I TRY TO COPY OR SEND PHOTS ETC TO MY DVD+RW IT COMES UP WITH THE
>FOLLING MESSAGE=== WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FORMAT DVD+RW TO USE THIS
>DISC USE THE ERASE THIS DVD+RW, SO WINDOWS CAN USE IT.
>I HAVE TRIED THIS O NO AVAIL, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE BECAUSE IT USED TO WORK
>WITH THIS TYPE OF DISC.

Please do not shout. Use your caps lock key - or rather in this case,
don't.

What DVD Drive do you have?
What operating system do you have?
What program are you using to burn media?

Rick Merrill 08-31-2006 06:38 PM

Re: DVD-RW DISC

J MILNE wrote:
> I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WHEN I AM TRANSFERRING PHOTOS OR FILMS TO A DVD+RW IN
> MY HARD DRIVE.
> THE REASON I KNOW ITS NOT THE TYPE OF DISC , BECAUSE IT WAS WORKING , AND I
> FEEL I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO STOP THIS.
> WHEN I TRY TO COPY OR SEND PHOTS ETC TO MY DVD+RW IT COMES UP WITH THE
> FOLLING MESSAGE=== WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FORMAT DVD+RW TO USE THIS
> DISC USE THE ERASE THIS DVD+RW, SO WINDOWS CAN USE IT.
> I HAVE TRIED THIS O NO AVAIL, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE BECAUSE IT USED TO WORK
> WITH THIS TYPE OF DISC.

For a PC to "see" a DVD the DVD must have been "finalized."

Dave 08-31-2006 09:20 PM

Re: DVD-RW DISC

"J MILNE" <JAKEMILNE@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:IFEJg.100012$fV1.52222@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
| I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WHEN I AM TRANSFERRING PHOTOS OR FILMS TO A DVD+RW IN
| MY HARD DRIVE.
| THE REASON I KNOW ITS NOT THE TYPE OF DISC , BECAUSE IT WAS WORKING , AND
| FEEL I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO STOP THIS.
| WHEN I TRY TO COPY OR SEND PHOTS ETC TO MY DVD+RW IT COMES UP WITH THE
| FOLLING MESSAGE=== WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FORMAT DVD+RW TO USE THIS
| DISC USE THE ERASE THIS DVD+RW, SO WINDOWS CAN USE IT.
| I HAVE TRIED THIS O NO AVAIL, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE BECAUSE IT USED TO WORK
| WITH THIS TYPE OF DISC.

I bet you purchased 16x DVD discs.

Most readers out there do not support 16x Discs yet. In order to use a 16x
Disc, you'll need a 16x DVD drive.

chuckieŽ 09-02-2006 02:49 AM

Re: DVD-RW DISC

My ears are bleeding...ow...

cuntbubble 09-02-2006 03:56 AM

Re: DVD-RW DISC

"Rick Merrill" <rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:xNWdna3Or4kFsWrZnZ2dnUVZ_r2dnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> For a PC to "see" a DVD the DVD must have been "finalized."

<clue>
For a standalone player to see it, perhaps. A PC, though? Absolute ****ing
DOGSHIT.
</clue>