Velocity Reviews

-   -   Heatsink vs. CPU Fan? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t474810-heatsink-vs-cpu-fan.html)

Robert 08-20-2006 03:55 PM

Heatsink vs. CPU Fan?

I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or a Heat
sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is that true?
Please advice.

Thanks.

Rob

Synapse Syndrome 08-20-2006 04:16 PM

Re: Heatsink vs. CPU Fan?

"Robert" <ashadpour12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
>deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or a
>Heat sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is that
>true? Please advice.

I just recently made a system with that same CPU and motherboard. The
retail pack HSF that comes with the CPU is very quiet and keeps the CPU cool
enough. In fact it is the same HSF that comes with the previous Pentium Ds
which run a lot hotter.

I plan to maybe get a more powerful cooler for when I get into heavy
overclocking with this system, but the standard one is more than adequate
for the automatic Ai NOS overclocking that the motherboard can do.

ss.

David Culler 08-20-2006 05:03 PM

Re: Heatsink vs. CPU Fan?

Robert wrote:
> I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
> deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or
> a Heat sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is
> that true? Please advice.

The Scythe Ninja and the Thermalright XP-120 are very good, if they'll fit.
At stock speeds and voltages, the OEM HSF will do well enough.

I would not use the Ninja without a fan.

Plato 08-22-2006 02:49 AM

Re: Heatsink vs. CPU Fan?

Robert wrote:

> I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
> deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or a Heat
> sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is that true?

You cant go wrong by using the fansink that comes in the retail box for
Intel or AMD cpus.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/