Velocity Reviews

-   -   Computer's acting weird (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t474508-computers-acting-weird.html)

Michael 08-12-2006 09:08 PM

Computer's acting weird

Hi,

After my computer has been running for a while (>6hours) the grouping of
programs on the task bar fails (ie can't open the popup menu and select
which one I want to open) , taskbars in IE go missing, and various other
programs stop responding (Dreamweaver and Visual Basic 6.0 are two
examples). I also get a message from Spypot S&D resident that some value
related to "IT bar Layout" is trying to be changed.

Spybot and Adaware turn up nothing,

Running XP Professional

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks,

Michael

Jerry Attic 08-13-2006 04:46 AM

Re: Computer's acting weird

"Michael" <mqiqcqhqaqeqlqhqiqmqsq@qbqlquqeqyqoqnqdqeqrq.qcqo q.quqkq> said
in news:6rrDg.88662$F8.59553@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.u k:

> Hi,
>
> After my computer has been running for a while (>6hours) the grouping of
> programs on the task bar fails (ie can't open the popup menu and select
> which one I want to open) , taskbars in IE go missing, and various other
> programs stop responding (Dreamweaver and Visual Basic 6.0 are two
> examples). I also get a message from Spypot S&D resident that some value
> related to "IT bar Layout" is trying to be changed.
>
> Spybot and Adaware turn up nothing,
>
> Running XP Professional
>
> Anyone any ideas as to what the problem is?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

It's most likely heat related. Buy some can compressed air, open the case
and blow all the dust bunnies out. Do it outside.

Believe me.

Jerry

Michael 08-13-2006 10:22 AM

Re: Computer's acting weird

"Jerry Attic" <eatmyshorts@shorts.c0m> wrote in message
> "Michael" <mqiqcqhqaqeqlqhqiqmqsq@qbqlquqeqyqoqnqdqeqrq.qcqo q.quqkq> said
> in news:6rrDg.88662$F8.59553@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.u k:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After my computer has been running for a while (>6hours) the grouping of
>> programs on the task bar fails (ie can't open the popup menu and select
>> which one I want to open) , taskbars in IE go missing, and various other
>> programs stop responding (Dreamweaver and Visual Basic 6.0 are two
>> examples). I also get a message from Spypot S&D resident that some value
>> related to "IT bar Layout" is trying to be changed.
>>
>> Spybot and Adaware turn up nothing,
>>
>> Running XP Professional
>>
>> Anyone any ideas as to what the problem is?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael

> It's most likely heat related. Buy some can compressed air, open the case
> and blow all the dust bunnies out. Do it outside.
>
> Believe me.
>
> Jerry

Ok thanks Jerry

JANELLE WOLVES 08-13-2006 04:36 PM

Re: Computer's acting weird

Cool have the same prob with the laptop.

--
JANELLE WOLVES
343