Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best Software for Burning CD's and DVD,s (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t474265-best-software-for-burning-cds-and-dvd-s.html)

Davido 08-05-2006 05:06 PM

Best Software for Burning CD's and DVD,s

BlankI need to know which retail product you would suggest for the burning
of CD's and DVD,s? Sonic Digital and My DVD came with the machine, but I
have had very poor luck. I am assuming that being because they are OEM,
they are probably stripped down versions. I would be using this primarily
for music tracks. I am not experienced with this procedure and know
practically nothing about converting file types. So, I would be grateful
for any pointers you might be able to give me.

Davido696
dbixby@comcast.net

doS 08-05-2006 05:33 PM

Re: Best Software for Burning CD's and DVD,s

Nero

Walter Mautner 08-05-2006 05:45 PM

Re: Best Software for Burning CD's and DVD,s

Davido enlightened us in 24hoursupport.helpdesk with:

> BlankI need to know which retail product you would suggest for the
> burning
> of CD's and DVD,s? Sonic Digital and My DVD came with the machine,
> but I
> have had very poor luck. I am assuming that being because they are
> OEM,
> they are probably stripped down versions. I would be using this
> primarily
> for music tracks. I am not experienced with this procedure and know
> practically nothing about converting file types. So, I would be
> grateful for any pointers you might be able to give me.

K3b and k3b-dvd.
Ah, forgot ... you have windows.

Thip 08-05-2006 06:04 PM

"doS" <kobo65@hotremovemail.com> wrote in message
> Nero

Second!

thanatoid 08-06-2006 04:35 AM

Re: Best Software for Burning CD's and DVD,s

"Davido" <dbixby@comcast.net> wrote in

> BlankI need to know which retail product you would suggest
> for the burning of CD's and DVD,s? Sonic Digital and My
> DVD came with the machine, but I have had very poor luck.
> I am assuming that being because they are OEM, they are
> probably stripped down versions. I would be using this
> primarily for music tracks. I am not experienced with this
> procedure and know practically nothing about converting
> file types. So, I would be grateful for any pointers you
> might be able to give me.
>
> Davido696
> dbixby@comcast.net

As usual, one stupid reply and two misguided ones. Nero is
bloated CRAP.

Here's what ya do. Go to:

http://www.cdrfaq.org/

and read up a little on the subject. You SHOULD know some basic
things.

I would recommend that you DL the whole thing as a zip
(http://www.cdrfaq.org/wholefaq.zip)
and read it at your leisure.

Go to www.goldenhawk.com and get CDR-Win. It's the best. You MAY
find it slightly daunting at first, but with the help file and
the faq link above you should be able to figure it out.

The FAQ will give you many links to software for converting etc.
There are so many it's not funny.

I use dbpoweramp from www.dbpoweramp.com but many others are
excellent as well, and many are free (dbpa used to be, it's $14
now).

You can always ask here if something stumps you.

Good luck and have fun.