Velocity Reviews

-   -   old DOS games on windows XP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t474089-old-dos-games-on-windows-xp.html)

Jennifer 08-01-2006 11:39 AM

old DOS games on windows XP

Hi, everyone, I really need some advice on running old dos games on
windows XP, particularly sound. I have installed the VDMS emulator and
run the game with that but still no sounds. The game installer states
that DMA interrupt number isn't correct but I don't have much of an
idea what this is or what it should be. Thanks.

Ingeborg 08-01-2006 12:17 PM

Re: old DOS games on windows XP

Did you try dosbox? <http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/>

Jennifer 08-01-2006 12:31 PM

Re: old DOS games on windows XP

What is DOSbox? I really do know nothing about any of this.

Ingeborg 08-01-2006 12:48 PM

Jennifer wrote:

> What is DOSbox? I really do know nothing about any of this.

It's a virtual machine running dos, which main purpose is to run (old) dos
games on computers which don't run dos. (XP, but also Linux, Mac OS and
others.) Dune should run fine.
<http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?letter=D>

Jennifer 08-01-2006 12:48 PM

Re: old DOS games on windows XP

For anyone who cares- it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Doctor 08-01-2006 04:32 PM

"Jennifer" <jenniferp_1985@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1154436528.845128.75730@i3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
> For anyone who cares- it's
> working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A better response would be to publish what you did to make
it work.

Jennifer 08-01-2006 09:15 PM

Re: old DOS games on windows XP

If you were so smart you would know. I downloaded DOSbox, just like the
man suggested. Thanks for your input.

Jennifer 08-01-2006 09:15 PM

Jennifer 08-01-2006 09:15 PM

Jimchip 08-01-2006 09:23 PM

On 2006-08-01, Jennifer <jenniferp_1985@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If you were so smart you would know. I downloaded DOSbox, just like the
> man suggested. Thanks for your input.

And you made your point, in triplicate!

--
A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
in than some that do. -- Dennis M. Ritchie