Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT Dell Certs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47392-ot-dell-certs.html)

Techie 11-04-2003 02:22 AM

OT Dell Certs

Lets see if anyone here can read English and answer a simple question.

Has anyone done the Dell certs? My boss is pestering me to do them because
he hates dealing with them for support but to be honest I don't see the
point.

To shut the moron up I am willing to do them but don't want to invest too
much time in a worthless vendor specific cert.

So to recap has anyone done them, how difficult are they, and are they worth
it?

Sir Kozz 11-04-2003 03:03 AM

Re: OT Dell Certs

aren't they free???????

news:o%Dpb.8918$mB5.403633@news20.bellglobal.com.. .

Techie 11-04-2003 04:47 AM

Re: OT Dell Certs

no Dell sent info saying they cost $179.00 USD for a self study program. The
info for the tests is free on the web site but you have to pay for the exam.

"Sir Kozz" <sirkozz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HGEpb.2948$q_7.850479177@twister2.starband.ne t...
> aren't they free???????
>

> "Techie" <delphiworks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o%Dpb.8918$mB5.403633@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> > Lets see if anyone here can read English and answer a simple question.
> >
> > Has anyone done the Dell certs? My boss is pestering me to do them

because
> > he hates dealing with them for support but to be honest I don't see the
> > point.
> >
> > To shut the moron up I am willing to do them but don't want to invest

too
> > much time in a worthless vendor specific cert.
> >
> > So to recap has anyone done them, how difficult are they, and are they

> worth
> > it?

11-04-2003 05:01 AM

OT Dell Certs

I have done them, and yes they are worthless it is
basically do you know how to look stuff up on Dell's web
site and that is basically it

Techie 11-04-2003 02:05 PM

Re: OT Dell Certs

THANK YOU FINALLY A REAL ANSWER.

Consultant 11-04-2003 03:00 PM

Re: OT Dell Certs

dude, they got a cert!

Techie 11-04-2003 03:29 PM

Re: OT Dell Certs

sure do check it out http://dcse.dell.com/

Jtyc 11-04-2003 04:02 PM

Re: OT Dell Certs

> dude, they got a cert!

I find my Packard Bell certifications of great benefit.

Consultant 11-04-2003 04:19 PM

Re: OT Dell Certs

will you get more money if you get this?

news:JwPpb.4830$fg4.178453@news20.bellglobal.com.. .

Politician Spock 11-04-2003 04:52 PM

Re: OT Dell Certs

I used to list my AST cert, but Alvin, Simon, and Theodore just aren't as
popular as they used to be.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.