Velocity Reviews

-   -   No wonder!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t473718-no-wonder.html)

philo 07-23-2006 08:50 AM

No wonder!!!

Yes, no wonder the world is so screwed up...
most people who pray...do so on the Sabbath...
that's the day God is sleeping !

"On the seventh day He rested" you know.

ogslotu 07-23-2006 11:34 AM

Re: No wonder!!!

So........ Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 then?
news:VrGdncuVXo7CpV7ZnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d@athenet.net. ..

Toolman Tim 07-23-2006 02:36 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

philo wrote:
> Yes, no wonder the world is so screwed up...
> most people who pray...do so on the Sabbath...
> that's the day God is sleeping !
>
> "On the seventh day He rested" you know.

Oh - now THAT was funny <g>

Kind of like calling my office for customer service on the weekend. "Sorry,
Charlie!" ;o)

Old Gringo 07-23-2006 02:44 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

Without Any Hesitation, philo Wrote The Following:
> Yes, no wonder the world is so screwed up...
> most people who pray...do so on the Sabbath...
> that's the day God is sleeping !
>
> "On the seventh day He rested" you know.

As Man runs aimlessly on this planet with his superficial beliefs, he
knows not of God.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

philo 07-23-2006 06:14 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

"Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim@invalid.com.invalid> wrote in message
> philo wrote:
> > Yes, no wonder the world is so screwed up...
> > most people who pray...do so on the Sabbath...
> > that's the day God is sleeping !
> >
> > "On the seventh day He rested" you know.

> Oh - now THAT was funny <g>
>
> Kind of like calling my office for customer service on the weekend.

"Sorry,
> Charlie!" ;o)

Who knows...maybe I'm right ?

philo 07-23-2006 06:14 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

"Old Gringo" <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> wrote in message
news:RWLwg.71499$fb2.70895@newssvr27.news.prodigy. net...
> Without Any Hesitation, philo Wrote The Following:
> > Yes, no wonder the world is so screwed up...
> > most people who pray...do so on the Sabbath...
> > that's the day God is sleeping !
> >
> > "On the seventh day He rested" you know.
> >

> As Man runs aimlessly on this planet with his superficial beliefs, he
> knows not of God.

wasn't it Patton who said " there are no athiests in foxholes"

joevan 07-23-2006 06:19 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:14:01 -0500, "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote:

>"Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim@invalid.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> philo wrote:
>> > Yes, no wonder the world is so screwed up...
>> > most people who pray...do so on the Sabbath...
>> > that's the day God is sleeping !
>> >
>> > "On the seventh day He rested" you know.

>> Oh - now THAT was funny <g>
>>
>> Kind of like calling my office for customer service on the weekend.

>"Sorry,
>> Charlie!" ;o)
>>

>Who knows...maybe I'm right ?

It is said that with God all things are possible, right? So that
makes it possible for you to be right. On the other hand if we accept
that, then it means most things could be impossible.
If all things are possible the it is possible that all things are
impossible. Because impossible is a thing----- ah never mind.
and for the same reason."

Toolman Tim 07-23-2006 06:48 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

joevan wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:14:01 -0500, "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>

>> "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim@invalid.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Oh - now THAT was funny <g>
>>>
>>> Kind of like calling my office for customer service on the weekend.
>>> "Sorry, Charlie!" ;o)
>>>

>> Who knows...maybe I'm right ?
>>

> It is said that with God all things are possible, right? So that
> makes it possible for you to be right. On the other hand if we accept
> that, then it means most things could be impossible.
> If all things are possible the it is possible that all things are
> impossible. Because impossible is a thing----- ah never mind.

Heh heh...it's getting way too deep for me <g>

Old Gringo 07-23-2006 07:31 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Quotations_2/188.html

philo 07-23-2006 09:07 PM

Re: No wonder!!!

"Old Gringo" <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> wrote in message
news:78Qwg.71607$fb2.63600@newssvr27.news.prodigy. net...
> Without Any Hesitation, philo Wrote The Following:
> > "Old Gringo" <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> wrote in message
> > news:RWLwg.71499$fb2.70895@newssvr27.news.prodigy. net...

> >> As Man runs aimlessly on this planet with his superficial beliefs, he
> >> knows not of God.
> >>

> > wasn't it Patton who said " there are no athiests in foxholes"
> >

> http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Quotations_2/188.html
>
>'

I guess it was not Patton.
Also, as I read a bit on the subject I see that some theists...
after seeing war from a foxhole...become atheists!